Brakes disconnected???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casiokorg

Reaction score
I have a weird problem. Last Sunday I was driving around just fine. When I went to go home, I turned the car on and realized the brakes were completely gone. If I put my foot on it, it for right to the floor. Initially I could put the car in reverse and quickly park and back into drive and they would work for a few pumps, but now it's just nothing. What the heck happened?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, tell us what you have inspected so far so we don't have to guess our way thru your entire brake system.

Casiokorg

Reaction score
Haven't checked much yet. What I can tell you is this. The brake light stays on, the brake fluid is right below min. Line, but there is some in there. The anti lock brake light also stays on. Right before the happened I started to hear a grinding in the driver side brake, so I know they are due for a change but this seems like something else is causing it?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when you decide to get your hands dirty, let us know what you have come up with.

mark D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the engine running, do you have any pedal when you pump the brakes 4 or 5 times? Do the brakes go to the floor or pump up to full or half pedal and slowly go the the floor?
Do you have any pedal when you pump the brakes with the emergency brake on?

mark D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After you check the brakes by pumping them as suggested in the previous post, fill the master cylinder with fluid and pump the brakes again. Do you get some of full brakes? Are they soft? Does the pedal fall to the floor after you get some pedal?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Fill the brake reservoir first, pump it a few times and look for leaks. Also D1 or D2?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM