Brakes disconnected???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casiokorg

Reaction score
It's an s1. I get nothing while pumping. Right to the floor. The only time it feels like I have some pressure is when the car is turned off. I will try putting some brake fluid in and give it a few pumps.

Casiokorg

Reaction score
It's an s1. I get nothing while pumping. Right to the floor. The only time it feels like I have some pressure is when the car is turned off. I will try putting some brake fluid in and give it a few pumps.

Casiokorg

Reaction score
Filled up the brake master cylinder. Pumped for a while. Still the same issue!

mark D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake Dissconnected

see attached
I had a cut sheet on the brake system but the file was too big so you can see the cut sheet on line or go to one of the recommended sites that some of the full access members have suggested.

Attachments

• brake responce 1.doc
    16 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Casiokorg

Reaction score
Okay update! I put in some brake fluid. The same as told in the manual. I too it for a drive around the block. Here's what I noticed. Since I put the fluid in, I seem to get some braking abilities in reverse. In drive, if I press all the to the floor, I can time stops. I also notice this, there is a leak on the wheel itself. It's leaking a fluid, same smell and color as the brake fluod I put in. The leak is on the inside of the wheel. It splattered while I was driving onto the tire. The brake fluid reservoir is back to the min line. Okay you all what does this mean? image.jpg

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It means you have a bad leak at that wheel, either the line is rusted through or the caliper is leaking. Either way you will have to pull the wheel and tear into things to see more.

Casiokorg

Reaction score
How much does a repair like this cost? So take the wheel off and try to find the leak?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want some help, and boy you need it, send me your number and I'll walk you thru what to check/do.

mark D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy way to check the leak is first (brake fluid) and not axle grease, is to (if you are by yourself) dry the inside of the wheel hub and caliper cylinder along with the brake lines.

Get a new clean dry paper towel place them inside the wheel area under where the dampness was occurring most.
Fill the master cylinder and start the engine and pump the brakes a lot. A leak that bad will drip on the paper towel and you will know its fresh because its on the new paper towel. Then you have to figure out if its a hose or caliper seal.

Ya a shiny tire on the inside usually is a seal gone bad most times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM