Clear Bra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disco4Me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got mine done yesterday. The total bill including tax came to just under $700. I wound up using the same shop that my dealer uses to do the work -- but went direct to the shop to save some $$$. They were able to remove the letters and put them back without having to buy a whole new set. I guess they must have their own template since they do so many cars for the dealer. Here's the price they quoted me:

Hood/Fenders - $200
Bumper - $350
Headlights and foglights - $100
Mirrors - $55

They only charged me $20 for the mirrors to give me a small discount. I may have been able to bargain it down some more, but I didn't bother.

For the hood, I got the 12" strip, but they also offer 18" for $290, and 24" for $350. But they agreed that for the LR4, probably 12" is sufficient.

-Hi Waltzonice

How did the job come out? I was suppose to have my done this weekend but something came up and I had to rescheduled. Did you use 3M and do you know the thickness?

Any chance you got it done in NJ?

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-Hi Waltzonice

How did the job come out? I was suppose to have my done this weekend but something came up and I had to rescheduled. Did you use 3M and do you know the thickness?

Any chance you got it done in NJ?

Hmmm.... I didn't even ask what materials they used. Guess I should have checked...

I thought it turned out pretty good. There were a few spots that were not "perfect" but you have to pretty much press your face up to it to spot those. I'll see if I can get some pics up later this week.

I'm in Colorado. I used a place called Denver Window Tint.

Edit: I just looked on their website and it looks like they use 3M Clear Shield. I don't know what thickness though.

Last edited:

Disco4Me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I didn't even ask what materials they used. Guess I should have checked...

I thought it turned out pretty good. There were a few spots that were not "perfect" but you have to pretty much press your face up to it to spot those. I'll see if I can get some pics up later this week.

I'm in Colorado. I used a place called Denver Window Tint.

Edit: I just looked on their website and it looks like they use 3M Clear Shield. I don't know what thickness though.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing the pictures.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you brave enough and have some experience with windows tint, try doing it your self. I did mine my self by buying a bulk roll of 3M film.

when you are getting the job done by a pro, make sure you know what you are getting. There are two types of install.

One, more cheaper solution is to use cut machine to cut the film using a pattern. This is a new popular trend due to lower price and it can be done by inexperienced installer. There are several only sellers selling pre-cut film kit for LR4. The downside is, it doesn't do complete wrap around the edge which is equally prone to chipping. Plus you can see cut lines around contours and relief cuts.

Other solution is traditional, custom and more expensive and is where you lay the large sheet of film and stretch it carefully over the covers, contours, crease instead of giving it a relief cuts and completely wrap around the edge and trim the film as you apply the film.

So don't pay for full custom job price and get a cheap pre-cut job. You can buy pre-cut film on ebay for not too much and probably do it your self.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635