Clockspring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have been working on my cruise/horn problems for months and I am ready to go for the clockspring's throat.

Is this something you can do-it-yourself or does this require a pro?

I have heard horror stories about steering columns getting screwed up and costing big bucks to repair.

How does a guy change a clock-spring and do you have to disconnect the battery before doing so.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could help... I don't have the docs with me... On the road again.... dang I sound like a song.

Always disconnect the battery for at least 15 minutes prior to working near the air bags....

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need a t30 to get the air bag off, its got to be around three inches long to reach inside and not too far out to hit the instrument pack.

after taking it off center the steering wheel and take the bolt out. wiggle it a bit and then it should come off, if not put the bolt back in a bit and then start really flexing it.

take it off and underneath is the part. just make sure not to remove the tape on the new one until you are ready to put the wheel back on.

Reaction score
The brits are calling this problem a rotary spring valve in the steering housing is that a clockspring in the good ole' USA?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink