CNET review of the LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thigatl

Reaction score
from the CNET review: 'Fortunately, the seats themselves were quite comfortable, with their adjustable armrests, lumbar support, and heated and cooled surfaces'

Cooled seats? This is a mistake, no?

drivesafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just goes to show what can happen when you let a ***** do video clip.

The differences between an LR4 and a BMW is like compering a quad bike and a tricycle.

Sorry but that was a waste of time.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over all, she had a lot of nice things to say about the LR4. A couple of things really surprised me though.

She thought the rear seats were useless for adults and only good for kids. All the rear seats??? I can honestly tell you I have had my LR4 loaded with 7 adults for 100 miles in one trip and all were happy. I can tell you if she thinks the seats dont offer a lot of room in the LR4, she really needs to try out some of the competetiors in the segment.

The control layout seems very good to me. She said if felt like being in a fun house with all the space in the front seat but the controls sitting so low. She also thought the NAV interface was quick???

There were other things I take issue with, but these two really stood out for me.

Rob

Jenson

Reaction score
I was pretty surprised about the space in 2nd and 3rd row comments - I am 6-4 and I can fit into the 2nd and 3rd rows. I could not fit into any other 3rd row on the market. Also, what is this all about people getting sick going over uneven pavement? That's BS as the ride is very smooth.

While MPG is low, it is expected. The only real problem I have is the size of fuel tank. IT IS TOO SMALL for this MPG and LR should change this - increase by 5-6 gallons. I recently went on a trip to DC from NYC w/ 3/4 tank full and I could not make it all the way.

Domoic

Reaction score
With so many sarcastic comments, I really wanted to punch her in the face.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This video contradicts itself several times. At the end she states it is a very comfortable ride...yet she say the 3rd rown is useless? She is out of her mind and i agree with Rob.
3rd row can EASILY fit adults. 2nd row is a tight when the first row is reclined back but what SUV is not? She did NOT do her proper homework on our vehicle. I agree with Jenson that LR should have increased the aize of the tank...this is crazy to keep filling up after 20 gallons is vaporized in this behemoth. Yes, she was over the top SARCASTIC!

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With so many sarcastic comments, I really wanted to punch her in the face.
Well, that's Molly's trademark. Not sure why they didn't have Brian Cooley do the video -- he's their usual car review guy. Molly usually does the tech reviews. It's really too bad that Brian ddn't do this review -- I would be interested to hear his opinion on the LR4.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This video contradicts itself several times. At the end she states it is a very comfortable ride...yet she say the 3rd rown is useless? She is out of her mind and i agree with Rob.
3rd row can EASILY fit adults. 2nd row is a tight when the first row is reclined back but what SUV is not? She did NOT do her proper homework on our vehicle. I agree with Jenson that LR should have increased the aize of the tank...this is crazy to keep filling up after 20 gallons is vaporized in this behemoth. Yes, she was over the top SARCASTIC!

The third row seat thing is pretty dumb. Maybe she's a VERY LARGE girl or something?

And who can take CNET seriously anyways! I sure don’t. Their expertise is in testing iPads and HP Laptops, not testing and reviewing vehicles, even though this segment probably helps with their bottom line.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM