Custom PS Hose Impressions and Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
So its all back together and here is what I have learned.

There are several reasons why Rover hoses end up leaking after a short time according to this custom hose shop.

#1 The material, LR uses a nylon braided hose which is sub par for PS applications.

#2 The clamps put on by the factory suck. Nothing less than a worm gear clamp should be used.

#3 The hoses run so close to the exhaust manifold that heat is a huge issue and degrades the hoses quickly. Hence the **** blue uber high temp hoses.

#4 The fittings that LR uses to join the rubber and hardlines are sub par.

On to the pics, I wish you could see these first hand, another piece of hardware that belongs on my wall instead of getting all dirty in the Rover engine.

There is a trick disconnect on the high pressure hose that allows you to rotate the hose freely and also disconnect it, make for a much easier install.

Pics:
1094662317.jpg

1094662290.jpg

1094662265.jpg

The steering system is much much much better than before. Better than new even, it super responisve and smooth now. These hoses will take all the abuse on the rocks that one could throw at it.

Justin

Last edited:

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is some sweet hose! I didn't realise how dirty mine were until I looked @ them this morning. The genuine hoses stink! I would like to meet this "Hose Maker Man" & give him $$$ for such fine hoses! Thank You & btw, Great Hose Pics, beautiful complimentery contrast w/the crushed stone! Great work! LRW.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, tell us again Justin : Where'd you get the work done?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, since no one else asked, what did that set you back and would they be willing to ship those?

Finding people to do good work is a hard thing anymore.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking hoses. I'm with Joey on this, how much and will they ship?

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
$60 for both :biggrin:

I'm not sure about shipping, you would have to call. Maybe I should start a website and start selling these?

Justin

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh yea, I almost forgot.

I can get the Oil Cooler lines, Coolant Lines and Tranny lines all done for roughly the same price as those... $30 a hose.

And now a word on those BLING stainless steel hoses another company seems to be selling. Stainless DOES NOT have the ability to hold the same pressure as these hoses, they are purely for show. Now, you can get SS braiding and put it over these hoses and the only benifit is the bling and abrasion resistance, but seeing how these hoses should not move at all then it shouldn't be a worry.

Justin

I

incawarrior

New guy here... I ran across this post searching google for leaking seals. Has anyone contacted the Oil Filter Service Center and is this the same.

Oil Filter Service Co
(503) 232-5126
615 Se Market St
Portland, OR 97214
1.2 mi SE - Directions

I'd like to get more info prior to just calling them asking for High Pressure hoses. :eek:

Mine busted a while back on a trail and can attest to the weakness of the stock part. :mad:

Thanks,

Alex

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What i really want is bloody see-through oil lines.. Thats gotta be interesting incentive to change oil..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo