D90 diesel conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattboy

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, thanks for having me.

I've owned a series of Disco's / LR3's as daily drives but am looking to buy a project car for weekends and longer trips. I've decided upon a D90 with a view to building up a car with significant off-road and touring capacity. Back in 2000 I lived in the UK for a couple of years and was interested in the number of enthusiasts who upgraded their engines with stronger diesel/petrol powerplants, Rover and others. To cut to the chase I'm looking for info / advice about replacing the standard 2.4L 4 cyl with the RR 3.6L TDv8. Expensive I'm sure but I'm not in a rush. I'd greatly appreciate any advice offered along with potential contacts who may help. I should mention part of my challenge is I'm based in Toronto, Canada..... not the home of the strongest Land Rover following!

Cheers.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun undertaking... There is a company in Canada (I will try to find them again) that specialized in Diesels for Rovers... and sadly believe they are on the other coast from you though....

I know ECR (East Coast Rovers) used to do conversions and may still have some good info for you on there web site.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge