Decals???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RoverChic said:
I agree OVAL. I had a few stickers made that say Rover Chic .. They mock the Badge or the Land Rover Emblem ( Top line says Rover right below says Chic).. Instead of being green they are Pink.
Oval sounds cool, but majority wins. Right now majority is for a winshield decal. Any other opinions?

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Cool.. Go figure. I am certainly used to being the minority. They look good, Slam.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i dont like either one :) I.e oval is way overused and you also may get into certain issues with use of existing copyrighted art, blah blah.. Melissa and Andy may correct me on this one though :)

I cant find me graphic tablet - havent used it for too long and looks like it simply lost now. But i will try to draw sketch sometime this weekend , just so everyone can fuss on me too :)

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like a draw. Before we make any decisions we will have to see what everyone wants the most.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom just came up with some awesome sketches. What do you all think?

Attachments

• logo7.gif
    logo7.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 113
  • lrwlogo1.gif
    lrwlogo1.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 112
  • lrwlogo1.jpg
    lrwlogo1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 116

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just received this one too!

Attachments

• LRWO.jpg
    LRWO.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 137

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, although there might be some copyright issues.

The standard (dare I say rule of thumb?) is whether the proposed scheme can be reasonably confused with the existing scheme, such that the existing scheme could be harmed in a business sense.

I know what you're thinking -- how do some stickers from a non-profit website harm LR's business? Well, it's simple: Every LRWO sticker bought is one LRSV sticker not bought. At least, that's what LRNA could claim.

That all said, it'd be difficult for LRNA to do much more than get injunctive relief, i.e., a court order to cease production and sale of the stickers. If all the stickers Sam had made were already sold, there's not much of a remedy.

SO: I vote for Tom's logo7.gif (with the .org) first, with the LRWO/LRSV sticker second.

Andy

PS: I am not acting as a lawyer on behalf of LRWO or Sam. This is just my opinion. Etc., Etc., Etc. :biggrin:

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
I vote on Tom. This way there will be no infringement on copyright law's/ patent's. As much as I like the "Special" Decals one; that is an original LRNA Sicker that needs to be purchased directly from the LR Dealership (and in addition they are not cheap). What are the dimensions or rather the size? Price point been negotiated yet ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM