easy? question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like it should be. I'm looking around at used LR4s. I've noticed in the pictures that some have a parking sensor button next to the hazards, and some don't. Don't they all have parking sensors? Or does it have to do with whether or not they have backup cameras or something?
TIA

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so maybe it was a harder question than I thought, LOL
Button. Right of Hazard button. Y'all got it? If you don't, what option don't you have?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always had that button on both my Sport and LR4, but perhaps if you have a trim not fitted with front park sensors (base LR4 only comes with standard rear sensors) you don't get the on/off PDC button, either? Purely a guess on my part.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so maybe it was a harder question than I thought, LOL
Button. Right of Hazard button. Y'all got it? If you don't, what option don't you have?

Not a hard question, it's just too cold and I was too lazy to go out into the frigid garage to look!

My 2011 HSE has a blank in that spot to the right of the hazard. The button to the left is to toggle the stability control. The most outboard buttons are front seat warmers. My vehicle only has rear sensors, FYI.

Last edited:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey thanks guys. My LR3 only has rear sensors, but there's still a button to shut them up. cperez, without the button, do you have a way to turn the rear sensor alarm off? Do you have front sensors?
It's funny, because I don't actually care if I have sensors or not, but for some reason I still absolutely NEED to know!

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey thanks guys. My LR3 only has rear sensors, but there's still a button to shut them up. cperez, without the button, do you have a way to turn the rear sensor alarm off? Do you have front sensors?
It's funny, because I don't actually care if I have sensors or not, but for some reason I still absolutely NEED to know!

My LR4 does not have front sensors and I was not able to locate any method of turning off the rear sensors. Even checked the official LR mobile app but nothing was mentioned. This is odd because I could have sworn I saw a way to do that somewhere. I actually went looking for it when I first got the vehicle home, because my last vehicle was hypersensitive every time I would leave my garage to the point of being irritating. I guess I quit looking for the disarm switch because the LR4 is not as annoying.

I know the feeling. I'm the kind of guy who has to understand every single button and function on every piece of technology I own, whether I'm ever going to use a particular feature or not!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9