Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRB

Reaction score
GO with the Ford ESP. I got 4yrs/48k miles EXTRA CARE for $2700. I got it at 67k which means im covered till 115k miles. In the first 2 months I have had over $3500 worth of work done to my 2005 lr3. Bushings,a/c compressor, ect...The BEST PART is that FORD never gives any problems paying. THE LR dealer loves them and so do I. I got my money back and still have 3yrs 6months left on that warranty. This one will cover the air compressor too. They also reimburse for loaner car/ rental and travel expense and road hazard.

dad2five

Reaction score
If you buy the gekko you may already have extended coverage

GEICO bundles extended warantee coverage with comprehensive coverage (but only those that that were purchased new and then immediately insured through them).

Its covers 7yrs, 100,000 miles with $250 ded. The additional cost for this coverage on my new LR4 (that I'm getting Friday) is $70/yr. Doing the math, I can get 7yr, 100,000 mile coverage (with $250 deductible) for at most $490.

Naturally, you have to get your auto coverage through Geico from the get-go, you have to hold and pay for collision/comprehensive and the mechanical coverage for the entire 7yr/100,000mile time period, and you have to remember to call them when a repair becomes needed; but that price is hella cheaper than the $3805 ($100 deductible) that Ford ESP quoted me.

Whether other auto insurance providers offer similar coverage is not known to me, but seems likely.

Food for thought :albertein
dad2five

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that coverage as well, through GEICO. It is called Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI) and although I have yet to use it, it is nice to have the piece of mind. It also carries FULL GLASS PROTECTION...with a $50 deductible. This would include the massive piece of glass that sits atop all of our LR3s.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you couldn't get the ESP after 60k. Am I mistaken?

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my extended warranty through LR Denver East. Bought my 05 LR3 about two months ago. I paid $2800 for 3 years, 75K miles, bumper to bumper (exception .. . . wear items). The policy listed for $3500. My Rover has less than 30K miles on it.

It's been in shop twice since I picked it up . . . first was for a transmission ECU fault (module failure, tranny options unavailable). Second was for a suspension compressor fault (failed compressor).

No issues with the warranty company, although they did request a vehicle inspection on the suspension fault (occured one week after they fixed the tranny ECU).

Other than inconvience and initial upfront cost, each visit cost me nothing. The policy deductible is $100 if I take to anyone other than LR Denver East. That said, the total for the two bills came to just under $1500, one or two more visits and it's paid for itself.

I bought the LR3 over a different vehicle because of the extended warranty, my opinion is that on a vehicle that arguably has electronic overload, it's a wise choice.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New info from the dealer. You can only get the Ford Premium Care 4/48,000 if you are under 60k miles. After that, you can still buy the lesser Ford warranties, but they generally do not cover the expensive items in our trucks... also, they are only 2 years and 24k miles... so, buy the ESP before 60k miles.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, question regarding extended warranties.
I've been in email/phone communication with a company in AZ called Warranties 4 Wheels. They have some plan called the Genuine plan (maybe that's the insuring company) that seems to cover many of our LR issues, but of course, you need to pay extra for the air suspension and such. Any way, the question is, has anyone heard of them? If so, what? Has anyone used them? If so, what was your experience?
I still have a year and miles for my factory warranty but want an extended one in place before the factory one expires. I know that many use the Ford PremiumCare ESP, which is a good one, but checking on this one as well. Thanks.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought the Ford ESP Premium Care warranty from Chas at Longmont Ford in Longmont, CO. They are now offering, if bought before 60,000 miles, a 4 year 48,000 mile warranty and a 5 year 50,000 mile warranty. The 4 year was $2,900 and the 5 year was $4,040... I bought the 5 year 50,000 mile plan, which takes me to ~ 120,000 on the odo. Awesome!

Also to note, if you are still under the factory LR warranty, there are Ford ESP plans that can take you out to 125,000 miles.

Bily Lovec

Reaction score
Hey all, question regarding extended warranties.
I've been in email/phone communication with a company in AZ called Warranties 4 Wheels. They have some plan called the Genuine plan (maybe that's the insuring company) that seems to cover many of our LR issues, but of course, you need to pay extra for the air suspension and such. Any way, the question is, has anyone heard of them? If so, what? Has anyone used them? If so, what was your experience?
I still have a year and miles for my factory warranty but want an extended one in place before the factory one expires. I know that many use the Ford PremiumCare ESP, which is a good one, but checking on this one as well. Thanks.

Im going to have to say avoid the W4W deal.
i bought one including the air compressor rider a couple of years ago. last month,
I had a yellow CEL and a yellow suspension fault, verdict was thermostate and lower suspension bushings. W4W immediately denied the claim.

go for the Ford ESP, I have yet to hear anything bad about it. They would have fixed my issues.

LRB

Reaction score
What was W4W reason for not paying the claim....ALSO, I BOUGHT THE FORD EXTRA CARE AT 67K MILES AND IT WAS 4/48000k miles. THIS DOES COVER AIR SUSPENSION BUT NOT HEIGHT SENSORS. SO YOU CAN STILL GET A GOOD ESP WARRANTY AFTER 60K. I HAVE USED IT MANY TIMES AND THEY AL|WAYS PAY.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9