Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bily Lovec

Reaction score
What was W4W reason for not paying the claim.....

they said the stuff wasnt covered, I took the policy & high-lighted where it was covered and sent it back to them.

They are still denying it. :stupid:

cmostech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine 7/yr up to 112,000 miles from carmax and it was only 2,700 but there is a $50 deductible so far they have fixed everything down to a tear in the leather that was there before I bought it.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here used Warranty Direct?

BTW: I PM'd Slam here, asked him if we can get this stickied.

Last edited:

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea to get this stickied. How about synopsizing our experiences with extended warranties to list by company, vehicle, price, coverage, and quality of experience?

Russellr

Reaction score
Direct Buy Warranty

I am the proud new owner of a 2007 LR3 and I am about to purchase a 5-yr extended warranty from DBW. I foud them on the Internet and they will cover everything except maintenance. Does anyone have experience with this company? Will they pay out? Any other suggestions besides Ford ESC? Mine doesn't qualify.

Thanks,

Russellr

Reaction score
I bought mine 7/yr up to 112,000 miles from carmax and it was only 2,700 but there is a $50 deductible so far they have fixed everything down to a tear in the leather that was there before I bought it.
Did you get your LR from Carnac too?

Bily Lovec

Reaction score
I am the proud new owner of a 2007 LR3 and I am about to purchase a 5-yr extended warranty from DBW. I foud them on the Internet and they will cover everything except maintenance. Does anyone have experience with this company? Will they pay out? Any other suggestions besides Ford ESC? Mine doesn't qualify.

Thanks,

I would say run away as fast as you can from DBW, a quick google search finds enough info to support this.
http://complaintwire.org/Complaint.aspx/cNB7G3SI2gB5bAjMU6_ayw/2

also, once again, AVOID warranties4wheels.com, they have enough loopholes in their paperwork to avoid paying almost anything.

Last edited:

Russellr

Reaction score
I would say run away as fast as you can from DBW, a quick google search finds enough info to support this.
http://complaintwire.org/Complaint.aspx/cNB7G3SI2gB5bAjMU6_ayw/2

also, once again, AVOID warranties4wheels.com, they have enough loopholes in their paperwork to avoid paying almost anything.
OK, I did run form Direct Buy Warranty, but I hope it wasn't a mistake. The coverage was comprehensive and the salesman was talking a great game. It was surprising how they kept bringing the price for my coverage down and even extending the coverage to 7yr and unlimited miles! ALSO, they were going to send me a $500 gas card after 30 days. I was very close to purchasing it but it just didn't feel right. I ended up going with a warranty company that my independent dealer was offering. It was for only 4 yr/ 48,000 and $1000 more but I think it will be better when its time to take it to the shop.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got burned on that gas card scam by a Hyundai dealer. Sounds like u did the right thing. They would only pay ou 10$ at a time and u had to wait 3-4 weeks to make another gas claim. Boo!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM