Fuel tank capacity- Sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a nice rig. What do you think about the rear locker? I'm curious about the auxiliary tank. This might be a long shot but is it designed in such a way that you could draw from it to fill a generator? I'm planning to overland in my '12 but I have 2 5 Wavian cans that I use. It would be sweet to get rid of the cans saving precious cargo space and keep the weight from the gas down low.
The rear locker is nice, definitely reduces wheel spin compared to just using the braked traction control. But for people shopping for an LR3/LR4 I wouldn't say it is a deal breaker. A non-locker version can go pretty well anywhere a locked one can, just might be slightly more work in really tricky situations.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't syphon fuel from the aux tank directly from the fill point. Its a straight hose down into the tank. The pump is another line from the tank into the main tank side of the dual filler assembly, so nothing in the way of the large fill pipe going into (or out of) the aux tank side.

I've never had issues with the evap/emissions system or throwing codes. The system functions exactly as it did before with one pressurized air volume that just includes the aux tank after install. The fuel filler cap seals up the system just as before. There are plenty of connections though to make sure you have sealed or that could give codes, but the system won't have any idea you added this aux system.

1694923281114.png

1694923303088.png

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Single best modification I have made to mine.

I can attest that the tank will take a lickin' and roll on. Mine has a couple of deep dents and several gouges from crawling over rocks.

I would be interested to see how they modded the fill system. Mine took a bit of fab and welding to get it sorted, but this was 5ish years ago. Actually had to import mine directly, pay customs, pick up at Port of Houston, etc.

Curious if yours ever throws a CEL? Mine will occasionally throw one for "vapor flow incorrect direction" or similar. Usually only when both tanks are filled to the brim. Never a performance issue, so just clear with IID and drive on.
My reply above addresses codes, i don't get them.

The new pipe goes from the dual filler assembly to the factory metal fill pipe. Each end of the new adapter pipe is a different size to account for the different ends. Makes it as simple as having those two short rubber hose sections to connect it all up. That solves all the pipe cutting and fab you had to do before and reduces the number of joints/connections.

The kit comes with all the hoses, clamps, everything, so no pipe cutting, no hose cutting, its just about hooking it all up and they provide diagrams of where it all goes.

Blueaz

Reaction score
The rear locker is nice, definitely reduces wheel spin compared to just using the braked traction control. But for people shopping for an LR3/LR4 I wouldn't say it is a deal breaker. A non-locker version can go pretty well anywhere a locked one can, just might be slightly more work in really tricky situations.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't syphon fuel from the aux tank directly from the fill point. Its a straight hose down into the tank. The pump is another line from the tank into the main tank side of the dual filler assembly, so nothing in the way of the large fill pipe going into (or out of) the aux tank side.

I've never had issues with the evap/emissions system or throwing codes. The system functions exactly as it did before with one pressurized air volume that just includes the aux tank after install. The fuel filler cap seals up the system just as before. There are plenty of connections though to make sure you have sealed or that could give codes, but the system won't have any idea you added this aux system.

View attachment 23919

View attachment 23920
Thank you for sharing the photos. I was wondering how the fill ports were arranged and your first photo answers that...now I see what you mean about how the fuel filler cap seals up the system just as before.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LRA tank also has a threaded drain plug if you need to empty some gasoline for other uses. A small siphon pump is probably better to avoid any spillage, but the plug is there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72