Greebbrier Resort Off-Road Driving School

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jwc3

This past weekend my wife and I were staying at the Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia. One of the many activities available there is an off-road driving school, which was formerly affiliated with Land Rover. Fortunately, they still use Land Rovers in their school, and currently have a fleet of 6 LR3s. The only modification that has been made the vehicles is the tire pressure, which is 30psi.

Our instructor, Pepper, was great. He was very enthusiastic and obviously enjoys his job. He stressed several times that the LR3 is much better off-road than the Discovery. Having been an owner of 2 Discos, I have to agree.

Here are some photos:

Attachments

• ORDS-1.jpg
    ORDS-1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 186
J

jwc3

Another photo of my wife at the wheel, with Peper providing encouragement:

Attachments

• ORDS-2.jpg
    ORDS-2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 188
Last edited by a moderator:
J

jwc3

Then it was my turn to drive:

Attachments

• ORDS-3.jpg
    ORDS-3.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 182
J

jwc3

OK, here's the last photo:

Attachments

• ORDS-5.jpg
    ORDS-5.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 175

woodmews

Reaction score
wow that looks like a great time. Was it very expensive and was it worth it. If you have an LR3 do they allow you to use your own car.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks sweet!

How much did it cost?

J

jwc3

I'm not sure how much the driving lessons cost since my wife's law firm gave us a daily allowance for recreational activities. (We also took falconry lessons.) I think the prices are listed on the Greenbrier web page link that was provided above. But, of course, you have to a guest at the resort to sign-up for the lessons, which means you have to pay for the room, meals, etc. It adds up quickly -- don't forget your wallet.

Our instructor said we could use our LR3 instead of theirs in the lesson, but we didn't since our car was in vallet parking and we didn't know how long it would take to retreive it.

The LR3 that we drove was an S with the V6 engine. I was the last to drive off-road and so also drove on a local highway back to the resort. On the road I could tell that there was less power than my V8, but it wasn't as noticable on the dirt.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting.

The place looks great with a lot of stuff to do!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99