Half of Heated Windscreen doesn't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicmarker

Reaction score
The driver's side of my heated windscreen doesn't work. Driver's side fuse is ok. Does anyone know how to test the element itself? Is it just a continuity check with a meter?

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem but opposite. My driverside is ok..but passenger side doesnt work. I took it in and it was not the fuse but somewhere in the windshield, the contact is broken.. The dealer told me that I will need a new windshield BUT seeing how I can see out my driverside..they suggested that I just leave it.. which I did. I think some after market warrantys will cover it.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check and make sure both plugs are connected to the windshield, if they are, you probably have a star or crack that has broken some of the internal wire elements.
There is no repair for that.

wjk_glynn

Reaction score
I live in California where it doesn't get cold enough to do an obvious ice clearing test... so I've not been able to confirm my heated windscreen actually works.

Can anyone suggest a test method to verify its working?

Thanks (in advance).

Karl.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in California where it doesn't get cold enough to do an obvious ice clearing test... so I've not been able to confirm my heated windscreen actually works.

Can anyone suggest a test method to verify its working?

Thanks (in advance).

Karl.

Fogged windscreen should be a good test... Are you South?

wjk_glynn

Reaction score
Fogged windscreen should be a good test... Are you South?

I'm in San Jose. I should play more with the HVAC to see if I can get the heated windscreen to come on without the air as well (to separate out its operation).

Thanks.

Karl.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in San Jose. I should play more with the HVAC to see if I can get the heated windscreen to come on without the air as well (to separate out its operation).

Thanks.

Karl.

The middle of the three defrost buttons will bring on only the heated windscreen. You can then direct the airflow wherever you want it..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM