HDC, ABS, TC lights on at random....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

capthook

Nope, it turned out to be my 2nd ABS modulator screwing up- a 2003 unit with all the 'shuttle valve' errors. Wabco / LR do sell a kit to get your old ABS modulator working again if you have this problem I just found out. The wabco part # is: 478 407 9262 for the kit to fix 'shuttle valve elc. failure' in an Disco II Wabco ABS unit. You should be able to order it soon from LR or from Wabco Europe. This caused my ABS / TC / HDC lights to come on at random, the fluid turned out to be fine - had it flushed twice and inspected, just ended up replacing the entire ABS module / pump unit and I have not had a problem since then with the lights on at random.

Capt

S

SoCalMark

abs, hdc, tc lights on

a customer brought in his 2000 Disco with abs, tc, hdc lights on. He just had another shop replace brake pads front and rear. My scanner shows code P1590, rough road circuit problem. Since I'm not sure what the other shop did, is it possible that be compressing caliper pistons they have backflushed debris into the modulator? Or is this code a wheel sensor problem only? I did find a stray electrical connector that matches the wheel sensor connector in a short harness just behind the modulator. this vehicle does not have self-leveling. Thanks for any help. I've been reading the archives and it sounds like this is a common problem

Reaction score
ABS/ traction contol and downhill light

Hi:
I was reading all the post of this problem but I need to know where beging to check. If I beging changing the front and rear padas, or flush the brake fluid!!!!!Where to beging to solve the problem

thanks
Juan

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would start by check brakes (notice checking) and cleaning ABS sensors with a pressure washer.

But the odds are it is the shuttle valve.

Reaction score
Thanks Joey for your prompt responce. I will try it and clean the each brake with the pressure wash. I will let you know what happens.

thanks again
Juan

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72