Heater issues, dashboard concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

Houm_WA

First of all, I have the wood trim in my '05 LR3. I like the way it looks, despite wishing it was factory-installed and better integrated.

That said, early on I noticed that my driver's side heater vent (closest to the door) didn't really work. Like, I couldn't turn it "off" with the local rotary knob. If the "panel" button was pressed but the knob was turned to the "closed" position, air still flowed. The others worked fine. Also, if I turned the passenger side heat control to cold while maintaining the driver's side on warm or hot; cold air would then flow through the DRIVER's side vent (same one, closest to the door) as well as the passenger's. The other driver's side vent (closest to the NAV screen) still delivered warm or hot air.

That's background info. I found out that there was a new wood trim kit with better glue, and mine was not doing so well, so the dealer agreed to change it out for me. The new trim/glue is great....but, now no air flows through that driver's side vent at all !! ...no matter what I do to the settings. The knob feels very loose and makes a "knocking" sound when I quickly rotate the knob to the end of it's range, and there is less friction.

So, a few questions for all of you who have been patient enough to make it this far:

1. Have you experienced any issues like this so far with your CC system?
2. Anyone know how much of the dash would have to be taken apart to get to the linkage that controls the baffling on this vent?
3. Anyone had their dash taken apart for other reasons and if so, has it resulted in a higher degree of squeaking, rattling, "looseness" etc?

Thanks all. I could swear I saw a thread related to "taking apart the dashboard" but I can't find it now.

-Houm

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
Actually they replaced one of my vent assemblies in about 40 minutes so I don't think it is elaborate and I have not had any other problems with the vent or dash since. They do have to replace the entire vent since is a complete assembly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635