Hello

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for months and just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Marty and I've been looking at your posts trying to make a decision on if I should buy an LR4 or not.

I bought it today. A 2011 LR4 HSE. While I cannot really comment on anything as I have a total of 30 miles on it I will say this. I am as giddy as it gets. It will take a nuclear war to get the smile off my face. Maybe not even that.

I'll report later when I have something of substance. I just wanted to say hi.

Thanks,

Marty

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's Awesome! I'm sure you will keep the smile for many years. I still get a smile on my face every morning I go out to the garage.

Rob

Slwroller

Reaction score
yeah buddy..

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for months

You know its been longer than that, Marty! :p Congrats bro, it's about time.

And, your post is useless w/o pictures and options list.

T.

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I am as giddy as it gets. It will take a nuclear war to get the smile off my face."

Love this line...!

Congrats!

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. After the second day I am ridiculously in love.

I'll upload a few pics once I resize them.

Thanks,

Marty

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Mott!

Now go get it dirty! ; )

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I would give a quick update. I've had the LR4 for a little over two weeks now and have had no issues whatsoever. I've put a little over 500 miles on it.

I took a trip to Big Bear to do some skiing. I checked the Highway report and it said that the roads up there were clear and no "chains required" was in place.

However, on the way up we got caught in a snow storm with fog and CALTRANS setup a road block and put into effect a Chain Requirement. Long story short, they let us right through. The vehicle handled like nothing I've ever had in the snow and I used to drive a Jeep Wrangler. I even tried to break traction and couldnt do it.

Every day I get into this thing and drive it I feel like I must have hit the lottery. I have never been this happy with an SUV.

I could go on but if you own one, you already know....

Thanks for reading!

Marty

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635