Hidden Winch - Voyager Racks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it will fit the Summit Bar. The control pack does get taken off and you use the warn short relocation kit. But i think it is mounted just near the top.
That summit bar is so nice. Can't wait to see when you get it. Do you have to cut the fenders?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That summit bar is so nice. Can't wait to see when you get it. Do you have to cut the fenders?

You do have to cut the fenders and some plastic behind the bumper area. But those can be replaced. Honestly I don't see ever going back to stock bumper after putting this on, but ill keep the parts.

I got an update call today.. all the parts are 'inbound' still. Been 1 month so far. The only part that is not available is the ARB fairlead spacer which is a generic part. They said they have some kind of warn specific winch install kit with a spacer, but they want over $200 for it.. so i have to work out what to do there. I have the winch and some wiring parts ready. I will probably take a couple days off work once it is all here and just go at it.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m torn between the Summit or Voyagers hidden setup. On my previous LR3 I had a custom bumper and Smittybilt synthetic winch. I was never in a situation where the bumper came in handy, but aesthetically it looked awesome. I just installed Voyagers sliders and I’m impressed with build quality. Their rear tire carrier is next on the list.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m torn between the Summit or Voyagers hidden setup. On my previous LR3 I had a custom bumper and Smittybilt synthetic winch. I was never in a situation where the bumper came in handy, but aesthetically it looked awesome. I just installed Voyagers sliders and I’m impressed with build quality. Their rear tire carrier is next on the list.

Even I never get stuck, I have a feeling a deer or two will get bounced off of it. I've already nailed a full sized buck with my LR4 once, and our other vehicles have taken hits also. Iowa is just overrun with dumb deer running everywhere. :D

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do any of you with all these fancy bits and pieces happen to live in the rust belt? I'd love to do this kind of thing, but haven't since my Jeep days, when everything rusted out in a season or two, including the Jeep.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do any of you with all these fancy bits and pieces happen to live in the rust belt? I'd love to do this kind of thing, but haven't since my Jeep days, when everything rusted out in a season or two, including the Jeep.

I am in Iowa. That is part of why I was so excited about that zincnation aluminum spray metalizing thing that Tactical 4x4 does to their stuff now. I had my rear bumper and sliders and skids all done in that to try to avoid rust issues.

The ARB front bumper comes powder coated, so I guess we will see how that holds up. Going to suck to strip that down for a recoat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72