How to fix your Headlight washers nozzle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my wife's LR4 in Cali (warm climate). Apparently, the headlight washer nozzles are mounted in the bumper with double sided tape. Yeah, I know right?

Of course, in warm weather and a little pressure from a car wash or whatever, the one on the passenger side gave way so it was left dangling inside the bumper cover. The dealer told me the fix was to remove the bumper replace it all and spray the bumper.

Well, no way I am doing that. I told them to mix up some two part epoxy, put a dab in the place where the two sided tape once was and hold it firmly in place until the epoxy dried. They did this and it worked just fine.

The caveat is that they took the inside fender well off to do it. NOT necessary. All you need to do it remove the fog light trim ring. Super easy with a little tug. Then there are a couple of torque screws to remove the light. No need to unplug the light. Just leave it dangling. There is just enough room to use a properly cut dowel to pin the washer nozzle in place once you put the dab of epoxy on the the back of the tab used to hold the washer nozzle flush.

Let it dry (best bet is 24 hours) and remove the dowel and put your light and trim ring back in. Fixed!

If you have this problem, this repair is a much better route. DIY or tell you dealer. They don't want to have to risk painting anything on your rig. Customer sat with paint work at the dealer is generally very low for obvious reasons and they labors hours for the work is generally crap too.

Oh, make sure you protect your bumper cover from drips or spillage while putting the epoxy on.

Good luck.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the issue addressed in the Feb 10 2016 letter to 2015-2016 LR4 owners from JLR re Service Action Q560?

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure. It sounds the same, but the picture they showed looked nothing like it.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I identified this as a problem before my dealer was aware of it. I have had my left side “fixed” once and the passenger side done twice. If you are semi-handy I recommend doing it yourself to avoid collateral damage...the dealer scratched up the bumper near the openings. It’s unbelievable they tried to pass it off as okay.

That was the same visit where I found an inch-long pen mark on the driver’s seat. It’s like the tech stuck a pen in his pocket with no cap. I really lost my mind on them.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my front cameras have condensation in them and i thought this would be a good time to get it all done at once. i recently went "offroading" and mud was everywhere had to use a power washer and it knocked the nozzle in, i removed the fog light and temporarily fixed it for the time being but was looking for a more permanent fix that did not involve my time or money.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is on the second gen LR4 front bumper correct? The nozzles on my 2010 are held by a clip

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure when they changed them but my '15 has small flush-mounted black plastic nozzles and they can only be installed from inside the bumper cover. I believe the earlier versions (like your 2010) sit on top of the bumper and are mounted from the outside so maybe the clip is inside the bumper?

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah clip from inside. Washer on outside. Should have kept the proven design..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99