How to sell a 2016 LR4 HSE Silver Edition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At times I think that if our LR4 would fetch some silly amount of money, maybe we ought to sell "high" and get something new. Trouble is, to get the cargo space it gives us while having a decent 3rd row and a nice ride/interior, we are probably looking at a HUGE SUV costing well north of $75k. As an occasional swiss army vehicle, the LR4 is hard to beat for us. And given the low miles (45k) and that we ordered it new, I am not terrified of keeping it a lot longer since it doesn't cost that much to own. Down the road, when the kids are off to college the LR4 may make less sense and would be ~15 years old, so maybe we'll thin of selling then. But at this point, I'd think the depreciation curve is pretty damn flat and since I do my own work, it's worth keeping around.

Exactly how I feel about my wife's LR4 with 32K miles on it.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would jump on a 2013 if the right one came along at a good price. (pampered HSE Lux) After careful consideration I would pass on the 2014-16s due to not having a V8, very few with a 2 speed transfer case and the dial gear selector.

Last edited:

Johnnycakes

Reaction score
While I was getting my (free) oil change, the LR dealer offered me $35k for my ‘16 HSE with 34k miles, well taken care of with news brakes and tires.

I agree that values should hold for a while, making this relatively cheap to drive for the next few years.

Drove the defender - felt a bit like my prior FJ cruiser, just more tech and luxury. Wasn’t terribly impressed, especially for the price tag.

I do love the drive of the RRS but price is out of reach and I wouldn’t want to use a RRS like I do the LR4 (trips to Home Depot for materials, etc)

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I was getting my (free) oil change, the LR dealer offered me $35k for my ‘16 HSE with 34k miles, well taken care of with news brakes and tires.

I agree that values should hold for a while, making this relatively cheap to drive for the next few years.

Drove the defender - felt a bit like my prior FJ cruiser, just more tech and luxury. Wasn’t terribly impressed, especially for the price tag.

I do love the drive of the RRS but price is out of reach and I wouldn’t want to use a RRS like I do the LR4 (trips to Home Depot for materials, etc)

Was that the 4cyl or six in the defender?

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go. It's a 12' though with only 19K miles! EXTREMELY rare, but the seller knows that and has priced it as such $49K. May seem crazy, but it's indicative of the market for our LR4's. Don't see a full size spare, so not sure if it's a 'locker'.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...&listingId=569288015&cbnadag=2021141318274625

Crack Pipe pricing lol. I would only look at the 2013 since that has the updated chain guides. I wouldn't kick a 2012 with the guides done out of bed though. I am not fussy about the rear locker but I am about the 2 speed transfer case. So few 2014+ have it so almost not worth looking there (plus the V6)

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go. It's a 12' though with only 19K miles! EXTREMELY rare, but the seller knows that and has priced it as such $49K. May seem crazy, but it's indicative of the market for our LR4's. Don't see a full size spare, so not sure if it's a 'locker'.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...&listingId=569288015&cbnadag=2021141318274625

while that truck looks to be in excellent condition, cant help but feel the "special edition" interior consisted of mismatched parts found in a leftover bin in the corner of the assemly warehouse. grey leather and beige interior panels? hard pass.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while that truck looks to be in excellent condition, cant help but feel the "special edition" interior consisted of mismatched parts found in a leftover bin in the corner of the assemly warehouse. grey leather and beige interior panels? hard pass.

Agreed. I have the Arabica/sand interior and it looks much better than that interior. I hate the two-tone wheel.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice car, but 49k? LOL

Note that it's not "gray" leather. It's "Arabica," which is a dark brown. Looks beautiful. Mine looks like the one below.

Land-Rover-Discovery-2013-SUV_i01-1024.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM