If you were to sell your LR3 what would you get if...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i too have an 05 odyssey .. and an 06 lr3 .. the honda (which is supposed to have good build quality and longevity) has been in the shop about 20 times in two years.. my rover, on the other hand, has been in there maybe 6.. true the honda is a nice family hauler, but the longer we seem to own the lr3, the more we drive that than the honda..

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's interesting, on another forum, there was a thread about Volvo V70's. Without exception, everyone on that forum who owns an LR3, previously drove a V70. Interesting migration path! Anyway, it would be my recommendation if appreciate the features, comfort and utility of the LR3, then the V70 would be a worthy downgrade to consider. They are very comfortable, nicely appointed, and very very accommodating. I've hauled sheets of plywood in mine!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn nwoods, why'd you have to bring up the diesel? That prospect has been keeping me from buying a LR3 now. But I've sort of given up on it ever coming to the states and was going to get one this month (my current lease is up). Any reason to think that a diesel will really be showing up in the next two years?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No specific info towards that end. But if Ford sells LR, it's possible that the next company would be more willing to bring the Diesel into the States. If Ford does not sell it (another record profitable year for Land Rover!), they have the engines now that will meet US standards, and the fuel is going to be available in early 2008. Plus there are fleet averages (CAFE?) that mfr's are required to meet. Offering the diesel would help offset their enormous F150 sales, right?

Just wishful thinking perhaps....sigh.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I own my 97 Disco, my wife owns (and we use for a lot of travel time) a 06 Chrysler Town and Country, and then my highway vehicle is a 1992 Buick Roadmaster... I would love to pick up a 95 or 96 Roadmaster Wagon... you can get them for around 3 to 4k and at 28 mpg on the highway... I love mine. Rides better than most cars on the road, and the wagon will hold 8 people.

Rover will never be out of my life, but it is more of my winter and off road daily driver.. where the Buick is my work vehicle and the minivan currently is our travel vehicle.

But this is just me.

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No specific info towards that end. But if Ford sells LR, it's possible that the next company would be more willing to bring the Diesel into the States. If Ford does not sell it (another record profitable year for Land Rover!), they have the engines now that will meet US standards, and the fuel is going to be available in early 2008. Plus there are fleet averages (CAFE?) that mfr's are required to meet. Offering the diesel would help offset their enormous F150 sales, right?

Just wishful thinking perhaps....sigh.

Are you talking about the ultra low sulfer diesel? It is available now, and all diesel engines sold in the US starting in 2007 can only use this fuel.

woodmews

Reaction score
There is no other car

My lease is up 5/08 and right now there is no other car that can compare to the LR3. For the soccer mom maybe the Audi Q7. I hate the MDX, but it has everything I would want but is ugly.

I really enjoyed being the only person in my neighborhood with a LR3 for about the first 6 months that I leased it, but now there are so many of them here. Its not so special anymore.:rolleyes:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed being the only person in my neighborhood with a LR3 for about the first 6 months that I leased it, but now there are so many of them here. Its not so special anymore.:rolleyes:

Go use it off road. You'll get that special feeling right back in a hurry. If you aren't using it that way, you are only getting half your money's worth out of an extraordinary vehicle.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the ultra low sulfer diesel? It is available now, and all diesel engines sold in the US starting in 2007 can only use this fuel.
Well..."available" and "prevalent" are two different things, right?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635