If you were to sell your LR3 what would you get if...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, it's mandatory not just available. All stations that sell diesel have it. (ok..I'm not guaranteeing ALL, but they are supposed to.) But that still doesn't get me my diesel LR3

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well..."available" and "prevalent" are two different things, right?

It is prevalent at major truck stops. All 2007 trucks and motorhomes need it, and regular diesel will damage their engines.

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, it's mandatory not just available. All stations that sell diesel have it. (ok..I'm not guaranteeing ALL, but they are supposed to.) But that still doesn't get me my diesel LR3

The motorhome forums discuss this, and there are still places that don't sell it, but it is becoming more available.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are probably right, JZK. I've read that they all have it, but the problem that they are having is the stations not updating the stickers on their pumps to say 'ultra low'. At any rate, it's time to start rolling in the LR3 tdi's

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would consider an Audi Q7... if I could convince myslef to get over the minivan-like lines :biggrin:

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a die hard Audi fan. I have had many Audis and love Audi/VW. I was initially excited when the talk came out that Audi was producing an SUV. . . However, I was majorly disappointed with the Q7. Going from an LR3 to a Q7, seems like it could be like changing religion or political parties, etc. . . The LR3 is so capable and unflappable. The Q7 is so polite and pretty. If the LR3 had a name, it would be like Bob or Sam or Frank. . . If the Q7 had a name, it would be something like Victoria or Prudence and she would be a ***.

Just my opinion of course. And as always, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. . .

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get a Touareg way sooner than the Q7, which reminds me of a Mercedes Pacifica, which is the ugliest car on the road now that the Aztec is dead. That engine is pure music to the ears though.

CoreyS

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'll trade my LR3 for a BMW X5 3.0sd (twin turbo diesel) next year, rumors suggest it'll make it to the US.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to sound so cold, but anyone who trades an LR3 for a BMW X3 or X5 bought it for the wrong reasons, and needs to take it offroad. The LR3 just has no equal off road...

Just one guy's opinion...:biggrin:

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:laugh: Prudence might be a good name for the Q7... mean looking from the front, but it is total Pacifica from the side. Dreamboat face, shipwrecked body.

:driver:: Q7 drives great for an SUV... but I'm a die-hard Audi guy so admit some bias. LR3 is a real truck though which, at the same time, manages to retain some semblence of on-road performace - that's why it's sitting in my drive.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635