Ineptitude

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disco Fever

Reaction score
I'll spare the details. In short truck took twice as long as quoted. Truck delivered sans some options which were not dealer installable (HD/satellite radio) so have to go without.Truck also delivered sans full length rails. Had to schedule to bring in for install of rails only to find they ended up installing short rails by accident. also found deep scratch in rear driver side passenger window. They have totally made the process of treating myself to a car that I've dreamed of owning into something I don't even want anymore. The level of service and professionalism is deplorable. I've been patient, forgiving and allowing of third chances. Now I'm just left angry. My current concern is transitioning from short to long rails. I noticed two exposed screw heads on the short rail install. There was a new truck with the full length rails which I inspected and saw no sign of exposed screw heads (all apparently hidden by grommets). My concern is with the history of drainage issues and if this transition from short to long rails will present an issue. Also is it normal with the short rail set up to have exposed screw heads and the full length for all screws/attachment point to be hidden? Totally dissapointed and deflated. GM doesn't seem to care, sales associate is nice guy but mistake prone. Not the way I thought things would go when ordering from a premium brand.

Stealther

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your troubles! I'm assuming you ordered this car with specific options? If so, I wouldn't have accepted the vehicle, period. Sounds like you are dealing with a bad dealership - which one so we can all avoid it?

I would bring the LR4 back and if the GM won't do anything I would contact Land Rover corporate directly.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2, amen
You should not accept a vehicle you did not order.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disco,

If you did infact order the vehicle with these options and the dealer screwed it up, contact Land Rover customer assistance ASAP. They will get a factory rep involved and you'll likely get your situation resolved. You should have the build sheet or order sheet of something, even an email that shows you ordered it.

personally, I would not have accepted delivery and would have forced them to get the factory rep involved to expedite a properly optioned vehicle for you.

Good luck.

Disco Fever

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies/suggestions. I was able to get the dealer to sort out all options that they have control over (dealer installed...). the only option I ordered that they cannot add is the HD/SAT radio as this is a factory installed add. I decided it's not a big deal as I can stream from phone and I'm not willing to wait another 4 months...the last issue is the scratched glass which they attempted to repair and initially looked good (on an overcast rainy day). But after seeing in the sun the repaired area is now fogged and there are fine swirl marks left from what I imagine to be from the tool used to buff out the scratch. It just won't end. I've never had so much frustration purchasing a new car. Hopefully they will take care of this last issue and I can finally start to enjoy the truck.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue when I purchased my most recent LR4 (Used). I has some interior issues that were supposed to be fixed and weren't, then the dealer tried to make them out like no big deal and the issues were reflected in the price I paid. Even though I had it in writing from the salesmen (was told he didn't have the authority to guarantee those repairs)
Long story short I didn't sign the paperwork to close the deal. I walked...
Needless to say I got a call from the Sales Manager, asking why i walked away from a deal I had agreed to (somehow making this my fault). I pointed out the flaws in his reasoning. 2 days after that the GM called me, extremely apologetic. I received a $1000 dealer credit, and all issues were resolved.

Do not settle for anything you did not agree to. Do not compromise your wants because you do not wait for another vehicle. If you have everything in writing, then they screwed up and owe you. I guarantee the minute you walk away, they will start to take you more seriously. I would also get LR North America involved, they may be able to find your vehicle else where to remedy the situation. Do not feel like this is a common LR issue. I have had great experiences otherwise :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635