is 2010 LR4 so special?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a lot of people were successful with DDM HID Kit for low beam

however, I followed exactly, but low beam won't turn on

any thing I missed?

Christianmotox

Reaction score
Im on the same boat as you, i could never figure out why this morimoto kit never worked with my 2010 LR4.
I even bought their HD relay kit, wich acording to The retrofit store it would fix any issues, but it didnt.

With shipping and all i probably spent like $250 with them and i never got it to work, i shiped everything back and they only refunded me like $120 because of all the restoking fees etc.

Not happy with The retrofit store at all.

Last edited:

Bama4door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the DDM kit in my 2010 LR4. I originally ordered it with the relay kit and wired it up and it would not work for some reason. So I took the relay kit out and just wired the HID bulbs/ballast into the stock low beam wiring and it works great. Can't go wrong for $35.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the DDM kit in my 2010 LR4. I originally ordered it with the relay kit and wired it up and it would not work for some reason. So I took the relay kit out and just wired the HID bulbs/ballast into the stock low beam wiring and it works great. Can't go wrong for $35.

that's what I did, no relay kit
weird

BTW i am doing the wiring the same as here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVT0pDEgDsc

Last edited:

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im on the same boat as you, i could never figure out why this morimoto kit never worked with my 2010 LR4.
I even bought their HD relay kit, wich acording to The retrofit store it would fix any issues, but it didnt.

With shipping and all i probably spent like $250 with them and i never got it to work, i shiped everything back and they only refunded me like $120 because of all the restoking fees etc.

Not happy with The retrofit store at all.

hi

it is working with DDM Canbus Plus kit

more expensive, but I can the build quality much better

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM