Kaymar Bumper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do. No, I doubt it would fit. It would without the box if you can discard that.
Oh shoot. Well, let's see once they call me at the receiving dock.

I will likely need to have them take it out of the box, which scares me to death.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't you throw the box on your roof rack? It can't be that heavy, right?
You mean the empty box or the entire box with the bumper?

That could be an option, but not sure how willing the guys will be to help me get it up on the rack. I could not do it alone, as it is well over 100 pounds.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole enchilada. That's what roof racks are for, no? :wink: Hand them a 20, they'll help you. If it's a warehouse dock, they may even have a forklift to make the lifting part almost painless. Why risk scratches in the cabin.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole enchilada. That's what roof racks are for, no? :wink: Hand them a 20, they'll help you. If it's a warehouse dock, they may even have a forklift to make the lifting part almost painless. Why risk scratches in the cabin.
Very true! :)

The freight company just called me that it was delivered, so I am just waiting for a call from shipping and receiving.

It's not a warehouse, it's my company's shipping/receiving center, which has a dock, etc.

I will keep you posted!

-David

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi - has anybody investigated pros and cons of the Tactical Rovers rear bumper versus the Kaymar bumper? I just looked at the pics if the TR bumper and in all honesty the fitment looks much better.

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a Kaymar rear bumper today and I'm already getting anxious about installing it. Someone mentioned that I should order a Set of Range Rover rear mudflaps to close the gap at the rear wheels. I guess that in Australia, all D4s come with flaps and thus it's not a problem. Does anyone know anything about this? Attached is a picture of the gap on another LR4. Not mine.

Hi - I have heard that the rear parking sensors need to be deactivated as they register the rear tire as an obstacle. Is that correct? Also are you able to use your rear view camera or is the view significantly obstructed?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi - I have heard that the rear parking sensors need to be deactivated as they register the rear tire as an obstacle. Is that correct? Also are you able to use your rear view camera or is the view significantly obstructed?
I will let Kevin (ExPat93) answer those, but based on my questions to him and quite a few people (including Ben at Outback Proven), the spare tire does trip the parking sensors; however, I think Kaymar has a reflector that is supposed to help, though I have heard that it still does not always work. I think the camera is only obstructed if you go with the LHS swing-away, or even the dual swing-aways.

Personally, I also like the fitment of the Tactical 4x4 bumper a lot better, especially the bar steps on the ends. From what I have seen, it fits very nicely on the LR3. There is no official rear bumper for the LR4, but Eric offered to fit the LR3 bumper to my LR4 when they are not busy. He was going to let me know, as he has been wanting to have a template. If you are interested, I could let him know and we can go down to S. CA together. I am still doing research, but leaning toward the Tactical 4x4. I don't like the gap on the Kaymar and do not really like the idea of rear mud flaps, though I like the look of the Kaymar in many ways.

I actually put my spare on the roof and it helps cut down the wind noise on my roof rack - haha! If I go with a swing-away, it will be a right hand side and do NOT want it to block the rear tail lamp or camera. If I have to disable the parking sensors with my IIDTool, then not a huge deal, but I prefer to keep them active.

Pedram in the NCLR is building Don a custom rear bumper, you can see those pics (though they haven't posted anything recent) on the NCLR forum. If I go with a swing-away, I will have Pedram make it.

I know you don't like the front ARB bumper, but we are installing that with my winch on Saturday.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for derailing the thread, but we were able to take the bumper out of the crate and it was completely shrink wrapped and sealed to the form of the bumper. They are holding it for me until tomorrow morning, so it looks like I will have no problem fitting it in my LR4. Today I took home the winch and then cleaned out the cargo area.

It looks like the install is set for Saturday.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped off the blasted swing out arm today at the powder coater. Should be back next week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM