Kaymar Bumper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, currently there is no Kaymar dealer in the US?
Ben from Outback Proven told me they were the only US distributor of Kaymar bumpers for the LR4. I'm not sure if anyone else is importing them, but I haven't been able to find anything. He told me it was something to do with importing contracts, but he hasn't responded to me lately. I did send an email over to Kaymar in Australia, but I never heard back - maybe calling them would be better.

lovison

Reaction score
Ok, I put the bumper on this weekend and tried to do a write-up. I ran out of time today, but I'll try to keep revising and updating as I can. I posted the write-up on Google's Blog site Here: http://expat93.blogspot.com/?view=classic I'll try to find a better place for it if this doesn't work. I'm also trying to figure out how to post the PDF of the Kaymar instructions.

Expat93 are you still on here? I read your awesome write up (3 times!) but the photo links are broken. Is there any way I can see them? It's so good but it would really help with photos. I'm so close to pulling the trigger but I'm trying to get more info.

Thanks!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expat93 are you still on here? I read your awesome write up (3 times!) but the photo links are broken. Is there any way I can see them? It's so good but it would really help with photos. I'm so close to pulling the trigger but I'm trying to get more info.

Thanks!
Hello,

I have been a bit out of touch on the forums, but I have a Kaymar as well - though it was customized quite a bit.

Where are you getting the Kaymar? I thought the only US distributor closed shop last year. I actually got the last one in the US last September. A couple people from my rover club just bought one through Kaymar, but they had to get a broker and pay ocean freight shipping from Australia.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We, LR3 and 4 owners, should consider getting Aluminess to bring one to market. They make great stuff for many other vehicles and are based in the US. I'd love a full kit of heavy duty aluminum protection parts which would reduce weight by a few hundred lbs and never have to worry about rust.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We, LR3 and 4 owners, should consider getting Aluminess to bring one to market. They make great stuff for many other vehicles and are based in the US. I'd love a full kit of heavy duty aluminum protection parts which would reduce weight by a few hundred lbs and never have to worry about rust.
This would be awesome!

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Kaymar for you unless you bought one used, imported yourself, or found NOS.

I'd like to see Tactical Rovers build one.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Kaymar for you unless you bought one used, imported yourself, or found NOS.

I'd like to see Tactical Rovers build one.
Inporting one is around $600-700 shipping and fees.

I would actually recommend talking to Eric at tactical 4x4, as he was telling me a couple months ago he was going to be fitting their LR3 rear bumper to an LR4. I sent him some pictures and information on the Kaymar, but I did not hear back with an update.

One caveat to the tactical 4x4 rear bumper is that you will need to custom drill holes and fit the rear parking sensors if you keep them.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how folks with a Kaymar right handed spare tire swing away are dealing with a bike rack... ;-)

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how folks with a Kaymar right handed spare tire swing away are dealing with a bike rack... ;-)

If someone can tell me how to post photos on here, then I can show details of my custom 2" receiver mount bolted into the tire carrier swing arm. It's incredibly cool. Came up with it myself and had a hitch shop build it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72