Kaymar Bumper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would actually recommend talking to Eric at tactical 4x4, as he was telling me a couple months ago he was going to be fitting their LR3 rear bumper to an LR4. I sent him some pictures and information on the Kaymar, but I did not hear back with an update.

Did anyone every talk to Eric?
I am very interested, but can justify 20-30% of my budget to shipping fees.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone every talk to Eric?
I am very interested, but can justify 20-30% of my budget to shipping fees.
Hi there!

I e-mailed him about a month ago and he took a long time to respond, but still had not done the fitting. Just a note, if you want to preserve your back-up sensors, there may be additional work since they have no plans to integrate them in their build. Also, this is something where I think he is looking for a template to work on down at their location in southern CA. I just sent him a message for an update and will keep you posted.

Regards, David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I heard from Eric and they do, indeed, have the rear bumper ready for the LR4. He said it is basically the same as the LR3 with only a few very minor adjustments. The bumper is not fitted for the rear sensors and he does have swing aways available.

It is not listed yet on their website, but please contact him with any questions or ordering information:

[email protected]

I hope that helps!

Regards, David

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I heard from Eric and they do, indeed, have the rear bumper ready for the LR4. He said it is basically the same as the LR3 with only a few very minor adjustments. The bumper is not fitted for the rear sensors and he does have swing aways available.

It is not listed yet on their website, but please contact him with any questions or ordering information:

[email protected]

I hope that helps!

Regards, David

That is AWESOME!!
Thanks for following up on this.

I will post with the current price and availability once i hear back from Eric.

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We, LR3 and 4 owners, should consider getting Aluminess to bring one to market. They make great stuff for many other vehicles and are based in the US. I'd love a full kit of heavy duty aluminum protection parts which would reduce weight by a few hundred lbs and never have to worry about rust.

FYI,
I contacted Aluminess, it's a no go.

Great news on the tactical 4x4 bumper. Count me in if they can figure out a dual swing out system. I'll email them shortly and report back.

Last edited:

shrinkboy

Reaction score
I heard back from Eric at Tactical 4x4 this afternoon. Good news all around, methinks:

Hi Ryan,
Yes it's true. We are just about to introduce the rear bumper for the LR4 as well as the tire carrier.
All the same features apply just as they do on the LR3.
For know the pricing is the same as the LR3 as well.
Visit our web site for the details. www.tacticalrovers.com
Please keep in mind that just like the earlier models we'll be advertising them as "for off road use and non-sensor compatible". However, the holes are there but will have caps in them.
I estimate lead time to be about two and half weeks from order conformation.

Cheers,
Eric.
Tactical 4x4 LLC.
951-239-6236
[email protected]
www.tacticalrovers.com

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my quote back from Eric, $1,700 shipped to Maine.
Not too bad. Now to convince the wife of the necessity ;)

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my quote back from Eric, $1,700 shipped to Maine.
Not too bad. Now to convince the wife of the necessity ;)

I'll sell you my Kaymar and buy one... :tongue: I'm in Portsmouth.

Necessity is definitely there. I have found the Kaymar great but given the VT trail conditions, I need some additional skid or under carriage protection that is doesn't offer where the spare would go.

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAS, if serious I'm interested taking that Kaymar off your hands.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to see the Tactical bumper on someone's LR4 before going all the way. If anyone has one on order, please post up. I am serious. I like the Kaymar but the terrain where I live is not going to allow it to survive long.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72