Lemon Law?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

SB_Rover

I have a 2005 LR3 SE V8 that I purchased in June 2005 at Santa Barbara Auto Group. It currently has just under 19K miles on it, and I've yet to take it off road for fear of its reliability. The entire time I've had the vehicle, it has experienced significant, repeat problems, including:

-- Numerous "SUSPENSION FAULT" warnings resulting in replacement of two (2) Air Suspension Compressors.
-- Numerous overheating/coolant leaks resulting in 2 (one LH and one RH) blown head gaskets at different times.
-- NAV system working intermittently.

It has been out of service and in the shop for over 32 days in the time I've owned it. I just got it back Friday afternoon after replacement of the second blown head gasket and now the A/C is not working at all and blowing warm/hot air.

I am at odds with what to do next short of filing for a Lemon Law case. The dealership tells me their hands are tied, and that I have to deal directly with LR.

I believe many of these issues are related to it being the dreaded "first model year" but also I think I have a problem vehicle.

Any thoughts, comments or recommendations from you LR vets would be appreciated!

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have same model and year...and the car has been bombproof except for the early gas tank recall. Not sure the 2005 model year is any more, or less, reliable than later years.

Good luck.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005, it's been superb. There was a major "Enhancement" program a while back that replaced a component of your air compressor, and made numerous and major software changes that have resolved all the fiddly little things discussed on the forums over the past couple of years.

Have your dealer run a report of what software patches and TSB actions have been done on your truck, and then you can do your own homework on the GTR website:
http://www.landrovertechinfo.com/extlrprod/market.jsp

Compare what is out there for your VIN with what your Dealer has done to it, and then have them do whatever needs doing that hasn't been done yet.

Don't give up on your ride yet, it's an amazing truck, and EXTREMELY capable off road.

S

SB_Rover

Thanks for the advice. I'm almost positive all the TSBs have been done. Those would still not account for or prevent the two blown head gaskets.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'm almost positive all the TSBs have been done. Those would still not account for or prevent the two blown head gaskets.

Yeah, that's pretty weird. Are you running any special (ie: non OEM) motor oil?

S

SB_Rover

Negative. Nobody has touched the vehicle except the dealer. Did I mention it only has about 19K miles on it?

appletigger

Reaction score
I actually went for the lemon law, and it's in process. my 06 LR3 had check engine light problem 4 time during the first month of ownership. About 2 weeks ago, landrover offered $2500 for the "damage" or whatever it was for..... my lawer advise decline it's offer, and demand "repurchase" (I prefer replacement, but according to my lawer, I can't force them to do so). if I were you, i'll demand repurchase or something.... 30+day in the shop is clearly qualify under the lemon law...

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you bought a first model year and now you are whinning like a; well like someone south of the 49th.

just keep paying your lawyer until it hurts.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't Ottawa about the 46th parallel?
I'm not the suing type, but LR can drive people up a wall so I can see why someone would want to. Their customer service - at least on a national level and from my experience - is 2nd to everyone. Anyway, it was nice of you to chime in and express your viewpoint of Americans.

S

SB_Rover

Ohhhhhhhhh Cana-duh!

So, it's OK to accept poor performance and unreliability just because it's a first model year vehicle?

I can see why you guys up there have a "bend over and take it" reputation.:bootyshak

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635