lift kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awdxtc

Reaction score
Does anyone make a complete 3" or larger lift kit for a disco 2?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, but why are you looking for larger then 3" lift? Are you at all mechanical, what sort of wheeling will you be doing and what size tires are you thinking about?

awdxtc

Reaction score
I am looking to go 35" tires. I am mechanical inclined, I used to be a diesel mechanic. I do mostly trails but every now and then I like to play in the rocks.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHY????????????????????
You ever seen a set of 35"s on a D2, much less riden it it when off road?
To go to 35"s, you will also need new gears in the 4:55 or lower range, new diffs, new rear HD axles, new front and rear trailing arms and radius are, new adjustable hard pan rod, new front drive shaft and modified cross member to all the shaft to move with out getting torn up and some serious mods to the Watts Linkage to allow the rear end to articulate and long brake and ABs lines. Lets say at least $3500 worth plus the tires, wheels and trimming.
For got to mention that you will never fit into a garage or under ground parking lot and you will be terribly top heavy and prone to rolling.

awdxtc

Reaction score
WHY????????????????????
You ever seen a set of 35"s on a D2, much less riden it it when off road?
To go to 35"s, you will also need new gears in the 4:55 or lower range, new diffs, new rear HD axles, new front and rear trailing arms and radius are, new adjustable hard pan rod, new front drive shaft and modified cross member to all the shaft to move with out getting torn up and some serious mods to the Watts Linkage to allow the rear end to articulate and long brake and ABs lines. Lets say at least $3500 worth plus the tires, wheels and trimming.
For got to mention that you will never fit into a garage or under ground parking lot and you will be terribly top heavy and prone to rolling.

I understand, I have a newer jeep with 35s I was just wondering where I can get the parts to do it.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your D2 is not a Jeep and never will be.
So you are ready to throw $3500 plus on something that won't work?
I have run the Rubicon, most of Death Valley, Moab and many trails in Colorado the likes of which you have never seen. By the way, I did it with a 3" lift and 265's.
I have been wheeling since 1969 and just want to list instead of jumping into something that won't happen.

awdxtc

Reaction score
Ok I get what you are saying. What all needs to be changed when going to a 3" lift?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my truck with a 3" OME lift and 265"s.
With a shorter lift you can get buy with just an adjustable pan hard rod, rebuild the front drive shaft if it hasn't been done before. Ad to that, if you really want to make a crawler out of it, diff guards, sliders and gears with lockers to give you back a lot of low end torque when going to 265's, about 1.5 MPG lose with out gears.
If you want some help with this, send me your number and lets talk over the weekend.

Attachments

• DSCF0037_2.jpg
    DSCF0037_2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF0003_2.jpg
    DSCF0003_2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 28

awdxtc

Reaction score
Thank you sir, what are the reputable shops to buy parts from. I think I will stick with a 3" or a 2.5" lift.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest either Old Man Emu, Iron Man suspension or Rover Tyme Enginering. Stay away from the less expensive kits if you are planning to play hard.
Any questions, lets talk.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM