Lr2 (3 Questions)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarrenJackson

Reaction score
I just purchased my first Land Rover. I bought a 2010 LR2.
I have two questions, as I am new to this brand.

1) I was pressured into purchasing tire insurance, as I was told that the tires on these vehicles are very poorly made and pop very easily. I just cant make sense of this as It was my impression that these vehicles were designed for off road driving environments, etc and should of most vehicles be the least prone to tire issues on a normal road... Do you have any input from past experience, It is still not too late for me to cancel this insurance for a refund but just wanted to get your experienced advice regarding this matter.

2) Every time I turn the car on and shift the car into drive and hit the gas pedal i feel what seems to be a shifting vibration in the gas pedal. Is this normal for the LR2? I just want to make sure there is not a defect with the vehicle.

3) I want to purchase all weather floor mats, any idea how much they are from Land Rover and also what stores sell "alternative" lower cost floor mats for the LR2 that fit well?

Thank you so much in advanced for your valued input, I really appreciate it!

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Rovers Warren!
1. Sales 101. If you ever feel pressured into a contractual agreement - run. This type of agreement serves only one person - the salesman. Am I to believe that LR willingly uses a tire manufacturer that they feel is unsafe or inferior? I think not. You already have a manufacturers warranty through the OEM brand. This BS tactic works the same for "anti-scratch" and "undercoating" add-ons. The saleman has been trained to coerce you into additional line items which contain wonderful GP to add to their bottom line or commission reports. I wouldn't be surprised if they are offered "spiffs" for selling essentially "nothing" to the customer. Think about it. What did you actually buy? Peace of mind? No. Now you feel that you're driving on unsafe tires. Get your money back.
2. Is this a new or CPO 2010? Either case, have it checked out under warranty. May be a steering shaft coupler or Rack and Pinion.
3. The LR rubber mats are nice. Get your money back on the BS tire insurance and use it here.
Cheers!

eggs

Reaction score
We have 37K worth of miles on my wife's 08 LR2. No tire issues at all. Sounds like you need a new dealer if they pulled that on you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM