LR3 leaking help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

Lbkab5

Have a LR3 2005. Live in the northeast, on the first day of rain, water came pouring in my front light package. Was told that this was the keyless remote sensor. Dvd player doesnt work, and last week the parking brake came on when I was going 65 MPH. My wonderful dealership told me on monday morning point blank " WE ARE TOO BUSY TO MAKE YOU AN APPT." Needless to say after quite a few cussing sessions I called my sales guy and got an appt. It has now been in the shop 6 days and really dont know what they have done. Then I friday was told they are all being recalled for fuel tanks issues. I am afraid ihave quite a wet truck here. They told me that there was a leak in the middle sunroof drains. Didnt know why the parking brake came on, and still have to fix the DVD.

N

Nomad

Im really sorry man. I hope it all gets fixed. It sounds like things that are not fatal. Just nicely keep on top of those service guys. I would push them to go through the wiring of the park break contorller. Maybe also have them update the software. As far as the clogged drains its not abnormal and they should be able to fix relatively easily. I hope you got a good loaner though.

Nomad

L

Lbkab5

nope got a smelly mini van, they wanted to give me a camry. I told them i have 3 kids do you think i can use a camry?

T

toddjb123

Lbkab5 said:
.... My wonderful dealership told me on monday morning point blank " WE ARE TOO BUSY TO MAKE YOU AN APPT." Needless to say after quite a few cussing sessions I called my sales guy and got an appt. It has now been in the shop 6 days and really dont know what they have done. ....

unfortunately, i know what they have done. nothing. they told you they were booked up. pressure got put on them to make an appointment so they did. they never said they'd work on it, they just made an appointment! and now your car is sitting in the lot until they have time.

still tough to hear when you spend this much on a car. good luck with it!

T

texas911

What is the front light package? Where exactly did it leak?

L

Lbkab5

In the front there are three courtesy lights, with three black buttons. Then there is a tiny black square in front of the lights but in the same unit. The guy who parked my care at the dealership told me it was the keyless remote center hole.

F

Freeflytim

Huh? Front of what? What courtesy lights? What unit where? Where's the keyless remote center hole?? Give us some help here and and be a little more specific!

Q

quietcoolone

Are you talking LR3 or Camry? :confused: I checked my "DISCO 3" and can't seem to find anything relative to your description. It would be nice if you elaborate.

L

Lbkab5

I will try and explain but since I still dont have my car it might be hard.INside the car, the front of the car there are three square lights, up in the ceiling. There are three black buttons that you push to turn on each of these lights. ie. to read a map whil u are driving. In this same unit of lights there is a little black piece of plastic which looks like a hole to nowhere. I was told by the service tech that this is the "keyless remote entry" Not that I believe anything they say. I have l;ooked through my manual and there is no mention of what this little square black piece of plastic is. It is approx. 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch. The water poured through it not leaked. I am on my way to just get my car.they dont return phone calls.IT has been SEVEN DAYS They dont call me, dont have any explanation of why my parking brake came on at 65 mph!!!!!!! and why my dvd player just stopped working. My guess water-electric dependent computer system. doesnt mix. I have printed several posts on this website and am off to the dealer this morning. If they would have at least given me a loaner I would not care. But this is ridiculous. I am just going there demanding a loaner or my car back since it got recalled for a gas tank anyone and has to go back in a month. I called them yesterday after i was promised that it would be done. At 430pm i was told there was noone there to talk to, and they couldnt tell me anything about my car. I tried to ask to speak to anyone but was told have to wait for "kim" THere customer service is the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to talk to the manager of the dealership NOW

L

Lbkab5

JUst read the other replies to my posts. I STATED "HAVE AN LR.2005. This ia a LR message board .I thought I elaborated quite well. I never said I had a camry, i said they gave me a stinky minivan and had a camry.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635