LR3 leaking help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N

Nomad

That hole that seems to go nowhere I believe is the cascade LED light that softly illuminates the cup holder area.

Nomad

L

Lbkab5

WEll that seems like an intelligent answer. I did notice a little light comnig thru it. This idiots at the dealer dont know what theyre talking about. Just got my LR3 back. they did not fix 2 things that i put on the list that i notice when i got the car 2 months ago. What else is new. However, to top it all off dont laugh everyone . The General Manager of the dealership tod me that even though the LR3 2005 gets recalled to replace the gas tank, Their dealership will be going about it a "different" way. They are bringing in an xray machine , then they will take out the back two rows of seats and xray your car to look for any damage in the tank. They are going to send out postcards and try to do 30/40 per day starting in a month or so. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!! So now they are xray techs. Gee idiots what if you xray my car and a month later the gas tank has a problem!!! I immediately called Landrover america, and was told point blank, when you get your recall notice you have every right to make them put in a new gas tank. They (the dealership)can not tell you NO. If this happens people should call them and they will take care of it.

L

Lbkab5

They are the Landrover dealership in parsippany new jersey 07054. Managers name is wayne. My luck this dealership is 45 min away from my house and the next closest one is 2 hours, so I have no choices. I also found out today that they(landrover america) is not letting the dealerships use any 2005 lr3's as car loaners because of the fuel tank problem. I wonder if they xrayed those already. doubt it

D

DonA

You've got to be kidding me!!!!! I bought from Paul Miller in Woodbridge.

Well after my first experience with their service dept I will never set foot in that place again for anything.

I went to LR Monmouth and told them what a bad time they gave me and the service manager pulls out the Customer Service rankings for all the area dealers, Paul Miller Parsippany & Woodbridge rank at the bottom with a 66 score. Monmouth was at the top with a 92. Go figure

I must say the difference was day & night. The part that sucks is I didn't buy from Monmouth so I am not eligible for free loaners. Even though I bought my wife's Audi from their Audi store

T

texas911

What a crock of crap your dealer is feeding you! X-Ray machine? Yea right! And the story about the ambient light hole! Classic! I think your problem is directly related to your dealer. Sorry to hear that. Hang in there, the LR3 is a great car.

T

texas911

OK I checked out the place where you said it leaking. Most probably you've got clogged drains in your sunroof. I think someone posted that one of the drain tubes might get pinched and cause the water to back up.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back on subject of the leak near the windshield: I was on my way to the dealership this morning for 7500 mile service when I felt a drip on my left leg. There was water running down the "A-Bar," or whatever it's called (left side of windsheild, connecting dash to roof), and it was enough to cause a drip. The actual source was behind the plastic ABS tab. Lucky me, I guess that I was on my way in on a 32-degree rain day.

The service tech says that this is a defect in the LR3s which they are currently fixing on service calls. Apparently, there's a rivet hole along that A-bar that's not exactly water-tight and has no purposeful use to the car. The guy said it's a pretty easy fix, but I'd have to leave the car overnight. The gave me a rental, and off I went.

I've had other problems with the tires on the LR3 (constant vibration) and that's something they're also looking to fix (see previous post). Hope this helps.

L

Lbkab5

where is your prev post regarded tires i cant find it. Mine had same problem accompanied by burning smell they told me they never heard of it.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nomad said:
That hole that seems to go nowhere I believe is the cascade LED light that softly illuminates the cup holder area.

Nomad

Mine is starting to drip from this hole after heavy rain.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or gotten it fixed?

Is this also caused typically by clogged or leaking sunroof drainage hoses or was this something else? (plenty of posts here about the A-pillar leak, but this one seems different).

Thank you,
-todd

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635