LR3 leaking help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

Houm_WA

My dealer...

...service dept. said that if I had this problem, I'd know it.

...at least for the A-pillar leak issue. In other words if it hasn't leaked in a big storm yet, it probably won't and it's not the kind of fix that I'd want to do unless I had to...lots of headliner/interior stuff disassembly.

As for the sunroof drains, I know that the issue can be exacerbated by parking under trees or otherwise getting crud stuck in your sunroof drain areas.

...what does the collective experience on this forum dictate? Should I have them to this proactively or am I most likely in the clear?

A

AdvRide

Well I got the dreaded lap full of water pulling out of the driveway Monday morning. Got out of the truck and checked both front floor boards, soaked. Water dripping from the overhead light / sunroof switch console really got me concerned. So I took my LR3 in first thing that morning. While my service advisor was getting me setup the tech that has worked on my truck before walked up to say hello. I told him what happened and his words were "Oh your truck has not had the sunroof TSB performed on it huh?" I said obviously not so care to explain? He told me that besides getting tree crud in there and clogging the drain lines that there was an issue at the end of the drain line where it terminates on the passenger side behind the fender and air intake. Needless to say I knew I was in good hands with this tech and he said the fix does take care of this issue. So I left my truck there for that TSB fix and apparently 3 or 4 more my truck needed and the 22.5k oil change. I will get a copy of what that includes. I am more concerned now however with my headliner and carpet mildewing because of the water intrusion.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. I was concerned about mildew as well, but luckily my leak wasn't as bad as yours.

Since I didnt' see the leak until close to 30K, I think a service tech saying "you'ld know it if you had it," is BS. I rarely park under trees, keep the truck garaged, and it just took this long to happen. What happens if it doesn't show up on yours until 60K? Then guess who is paying for it?

H

Houm_WA

Hmmm...how heavy a rain is required to trigger this? It rains frequently in the NW, but not very heavily.

...and I wonder what this fix entails really. Maybe this work is less invasive than the A-pillar one.

LR3Novice

Reaction score
Can you please provide the TSB number and the Vin Range affected if possible?

A

AdvRide

I will give you guys the details when I pick it up. I dropped that SOB off yesterday morning and the service advisor left me a voice message today saying it is ready. I turned around and left her a message stating I find it hard to believe they were able to perform all the TSB's she claimed they were targeting and the 22.5k service / oil change and dry out my carpet and padding underneath as well as my headliner. Have not gotten a confirmation yet. I hope this does not turn into a nightmare.

Also my truck sits outside. Has since I bought it so it has seen to pretty hard rains and has never leaked. I thought I was clear of this issue but it was not to be. Guess not ever having a suspension fault issue caught up with me. Yikes, I can't believe I typed that. Knock on wood.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AdvRide

OK, truck back in my possesion. Carpet & headliner dry. On the work sheet the sunroof drain fix was not identified as a TSB. I tried to get a copy of the sheet that my service advisor printed off but she would not give it to me. All the other TSB's were numbered B034 - Air Suspension Comp, B036 - Vehicle Enhancement Program, B037 - Ignition key removal issue with gear box not in park. Along with the sunroof not having a TSB number I also wanted one of my A pillar trim pieces fixed on the passenger side on the outside of the front windhshield. It was loose and causing wind noise at highway speeds. My service tech told me there was a bulliten on the clips on those and they replaced both sides clips underneath the trim. It is mentioned on the service invoice as well but no bulliten numbers associated with them. Anyway all seems to be good. Guess the next good rain will tell or next time I wash her.

U

UnbrknCh8n

AdvRide said:
... also wanted one of my A pillar trim pieces fixed on the passenger side on the outside of the front windhshield. It was loose and causing wind noise at highway speeds. My service tech told me there was a bulliten on the clips on those and they replaced both sides clips underneath the trim...

Thanks for the info. I was driving my '05 LR3 on a 2 lane road on Tuesday, had a 40 mph left-to-right wind (I was driving in Kansas), and a semi passed me going the other direction. The gust of wind caused this very piece to come loose everywhere but at its base, then flap in the wind. Efforts to reinsert it proved unsucessful, but a little duct tape saved the day.

At least now when I will ask to have it fixed, I can mention that this is a known problem and not due to anything I did (although I do have to admit that my local dealership has actually been very responsive to the few problems I've had with my LR3).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635