LR3 Stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

alanmeyer

Hi All,

I just picked up a new 06 LR3 HSE. Overall, I'm quite happy with the vehicle. However, I do have a couple of questions about the stereo system that some of you might be able to quickly answer (I didn't find the info in the manual, yet).

1) On the stereo, there are 2 big rotary controls, 1 on the left for the volume, and one on the right that you use for some menus and you push to enter. It seems obvious to me that the rotary on the right should select the radio station, but it doesn't. During FM play, when I turn the knob, nothing changes. Is this correct operation? The only way that I know how to find a radio station that isn't a preset is to use the * on the keypad and then type in the number of the station.

2) I can't seem to find any evidence of speed controlled volume for the stereo. Does it exist on the LR3?

Thanks for your help!

Best,
-Alan

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Alan,

1) Yes, that's the correct behavior. See the audio system owner's guide. You can use the arrow keys in the center to scan up and down in FM/AM. I think you can also "hold" (instead of tapping) the steering wheel tuning buttons to seek instead of switch between presets.

2) Yes, AVC is there... and it does work, but it's subtle. Press the "note" key for 5 seconds. Again, in the owner's guide.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Sorry" "command not recognized"

"Sorry" "no speech detected"

I want to reach in the dash and strangle the voice activation system.

It is funny when you swear at it, and it seems to recognize that and dumps you on a low band am channel.

Kudos to anyone who has mastered it!!!

Last edited:
A

alanmeyer

grommet said:
Hi Alan,

1) Yes, that's the correct behavior. See the audio system owner's guide. You can use the arrow keys in the center to scan up and down in FM/AM. I think you can also "hold" (instead of tapping) the steering wheel tuning buttons to seek instead of switch between presets.

2) Yes, AVC is there... and it does work, but it's subtle. Press the "note" key for 5 seconds. Again, in the owner's guide.

Thanks Grommet. I've read about 20% of the user manuals, starting with the NAV and Phone. It's not an "easy read" if you know what I mean.

Best,
-Alan

A

alanmeyer

Echoes said:
"Sorry" "command not recognized"

"Sorry" "no speech detected"

I want to reach in the dash and strangle the voice activation system.

It is funny when you swear at it, and it seems to recognize that and dumps you on a low band am channel.

Kudos to anyone who has mastered it!!!

I completely agree! The VR isn't as nice as I thought it would be. When I took the car for a test drive, the VR seemed to work very well. When I picked up the car, the VR failed a number of times right off the bat.

One change I made was to set the VR for an American Female for my wife to have an easier time. So far, that seems to be working OK. So at least for one of us, the VR is doing something.

Overall, the response time is a bit slow and tends to be more of a time sink than a time saver.

-Alan

M

mickj

Funny, I too enjoy telling the Voice Response system what it can do...certain four letter explitives do indeed send you to an AM radio station! Overall I would say the voice response is a fairly useless gadget. The system correctly understands my commands about 25% of the time. I have tried using suggestions from other threads (talk in a normal tone)...no avail.

H

Houm_WA

I don't agree. I've had pretty good luck with the VR. The only times it may not work are:

1. Window down
2. Passenger noise
3. Incorrect command syntax
4. Voicing a command that truly sounds like another
5. Finally...invariably...when I show it off to someone riding with me !!

...maybe you guys just need practice speaking to the system.

A

alanmeyer

mickj said:
Funny, I too enjoy telling the Voice Response system what it can do...certain four letter explitives do indeed send you to an AM radio station! Overall I would say the voice response is a fairly useless gadget. The system correctly understands my commands about 25% of the time. I have tried using suggestions from other threads (talk in a normal tone)...no avail.

I agree. I haven't had much luck with with the VR. It could be my tone, or it could be the poor VR, or perhaps a little bit of both. In either case, I've found the VR to be a slow, and somewhat useless gadget as well.

-Alan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM