LR4 audio problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did this about 3 times in my 1 year of ownership. Seemed to go away each time after a restart or two. Never diagnosed by the dealer as my dealer was in another town and by the time I would get ready to drive over to Omaha, the issue would resolve. It is exactally the same issue.

Rob

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lemon...

The youtube poster looks to have a lemon-law case if they wanted..depends on the state she's in...but here in FL three times is the charm..LR would probably do an assited buy back vs lemon the truck...

not that it's a life or death problem, but still...no resolution, they gotta do something.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Link is from a YouTube user documenting issues with her LR4. Not mine. Has anyone on this board encounter a similar problem?

SlingerLR4Aug4 2012 - YouTube

Happens to me occasionally. I noticed that the from an older thread a year ago talking about volume maybe playing into it. Our cars automatically adjust the sound down when you re-start the car/turn the radio back on if the previous volume level was past a preset volume level. I started turning my volume level down before getting out of the car now. I only experience the problem now when I turn off the engine and forget to turn the volume down after listening to my music loudly. It's not scientific but I have had no issues since doing this and use to have it happen every few months.

I also remember an old thread regarding the source switching module needing to be replaced too as in this situation where no sound is coming through from the radio sources, I could try and listen to my VM and the first few seconds play but the it blurs out. I haven't pursued that fix because my little volume solution seems to work. Plus, this thing is so random, I would probably have to leave my car with them forever just for them to duplicate it.

Both aforementioned threads should come up if you do a search on the LR4 board if your interested in the whole conversation. My apologies for the limited details.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me once a few months ago. Everything back to normal after a restart. Hasn't happend since.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That happened to me twice in the first three months I owned my 2011 LR4 but has not occurred again in the last 20.

Jim

Overlook

Reaction score
My LR4 HSE is just one month old and I have the exact same problem with the phone as the woman in the you tube video describes. Took it back to the dealer and they uploaded the newest software and that seemed to take care of it the first time. Then 2 weeks later, the phone is out again. Dealer is 100 miles away. Does anyone know any kind of fix, because I'm convinced my dealer and his crew definitely do not.
Thanks from a new reader and new LR4 owner, although I have a '93 RR LWB that is still running!
Overlook
2012 LR4 HSE

TheDave

Reaction score
I've already had my first radio replaced about two months ago because it up and died. Now the replacement is doing exactly this. I'm going to be really irritated if it doesn't resolve itself by tomorrow morning as I have to make a ten hour trip back to Florida. That's going to be a really long trip with no stereo! If anyone knows a quick fix (i.e. battery disconnect), please let me know. Thanks!

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always had a therory that it was tied to a low voltage situation with the truck. If you are still having the same issue, I would try to turn off as many of the accesories as you could; radio, HVAC, auto headlights, seat heaters, rear air, doors closed and then try to start the LR4. I have chased all sorts of issues with PCs before only to find there was a low voltage coming out of the power supply. We do all sorts of things to protect for over voltage, but undervoltage can cause some crazy stuff too. Just not damaging like over voltage.

Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM