LR4 Camera System Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rovernut, will do. Just briefly looking through my records I've also had issues with the front windscreen defroster not working (resolved) and Bluetooth connectivity between my phone and LR4 (waiting for a software update to come out). For reference on this my phone will disconnect from the vehicle (iPhone 5 w/ latest software) or will continue to say a call is active but I am no longer on a call. I had a separate thread on that.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi what is the status of the documentation on official letterhead and the call from the engineering manager? I have not been contacted by Siobhan with any updates. I have not received any email or hard copy mail of the documentation I requested. I previously requested that I receive this documentation no later then 20 December 2013 end of business day.

Sincerely,
Brian Ramirez

Sent from my iPhone 5

On Dec 16, 2013, at 8:33, "Land Rover NA" <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Brian Ramirez,

I have forwarded your comments on to Siobhan. As previously advised, she will contact you to discuss your requests.

Regards,

Amber DiCostanzo
Customer Relationship Center Representative
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Email from the service manager in regards to the Dealership's general manager. Per everyone's suggestion here and others I've spoke with, I went straight to email, and I am requesting more formalized correspondence from them as well.

Brian,

Joe would prefer to talk to you and then follow up with email.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... JLRNA was going to send me a letter stating that my camera system was working as designed. Just got the phone with them asking what the status is of the letter and they are no longer going to send that to me.

Edit below...

I guess they actually figured out it's not working as designed. JLRNA rep stated that according to my service records, the dealership was not able to duplicate my concerns. But it clearly states in the records they pulled faults (for most of the records), performed SSM and TSB, replaced cameras, etc. I don't think they know what they're talking about. They also said that in ONE of the pictures they noted the temperature was +7F, but windchill was -24F... All of the other videos were above freezing. And what about when I had issues in April? Clearly the weather was nowhere near freezing then.

Then I emailed this link... http://youtu.be/LwvTESzPcfA which in the video Steve Hands states that "every Land Rover and Range Rover comes through these facilities to do thousands of hours of testing in the most extreme conditions" And that they can test down to -76F...

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe all this run around and crazy denial coming from Land Rover. I am happy you are sticking to your guns and being firm. I think they are hoping you will just back down, but I hope they do something .... this is really nuts.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So response from the BBB...

Good morning Mr. Ramirez,
Land Rover has denied your request for a repurchase. The next step is arbitration if you wish to proceed. Please advise.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use BBB Autoline Resolution Program prior to the Lemon Law through an attorney. Must be filed within 12 months of purchase, at least 4 failed attempts to fix the issue in 12,000 miles.

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to warn you...I went through the BBB process on a non-LR vehicle and, while making me drive to the BBB office in a veritable flood, the factory rep never showed up from her office a hundred fifty miles away. I was advised when I arrived this was to be a "telephone arbitration" as a courtesy to GM and their "extended travel distance". Then the BBB "experts" wanted to ride in my vehicle to see how the defective brakes worked in the pouring rain and decided they stopped okay even though I could not drive over 25 MPH and my complaint was that after 10 trips for repairs the vehicle would not safely stop on the freeway at reasonable freeway speeds. So much for the BBB. Plus, here in SoCal, they have been caught selling BBB ratings to new businesses so when you see a rating it means absoolutely ZIP! That "A" only means they paid to join!

Think seriously about getting an attorney involved, and filing some sort of papers to assure your rights are preserved. You are getting close to the year mark and if you get somehow stalled outside those parameters, you'll be stuck with a vehcile that you're very unhappy with. The lemon law will then be null and the lawsuit you will then need to undertake will be one of merchantability, or LR selling a vehicle that does not meet the specifications that it was manufactured/sold under and you agreed to purchase. A judge may simply order that it be repaired and you could end up in your same quandary ad nauseum rather than get a new car. Or LR could decide to avoid bad press and roll over and give you a new car. But you'll have the lawyers fees to consider and figure how to have those fees rolled into the judgment. LR may not be willing to go that route. All depends on how much LR wanted to see you go away. So you could end up with the current car and the legal fees, a new car and the legal fees or a new car and no fees at all. Quite a crapshoot.

Final note: Judges many times have this quirk when you have a remaining warranty. They think the warranty covers all and that if you have one, the dealer is required to repair the issue unless the dealer/company can prove you have abused or modified the vehicle and voided the warranty. Thus the logic that the warranty solves all no matter how disconcerting it may be to you. Even more so when you get loaners for your use when the vehicle is in for repairs. You just have to hope that you get a judge that really thinks auto dealers are lower than whale crap at the bottom of the ocean!

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arbitration set for 11 Feb. Phone arbitration because the Factory Rep is on the west coast. They want all pictures and video that I've taken to be sent (which they should already have since I've sent them all to both the dealership and JLRNA corp). But that's fine as I do have additional pictures since then anyway. Waiting for a call back from an attorney as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72