LR4 Camera System Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not grease. It moves with the shadow and the car was washed and stored inside when I picked it up. And to top it off, another blue screen! The same day I picked it up from service.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 34

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from JLRNA and they said that the cameras are operating as designed.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. I can't believe they think it is operating as designed.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best part of the conversation was when the rep said it's operating as designed, but to bring it in to the dealership and have "overlays" installed. If it's operating as design, why would they need to install anything else?

Starting the Lemon Law process, and will now move to sending all documentation to the local newspaper as they have a column called "What's your problem?".

Let's see where it goes from here.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best part of the conversation was when the rep said it's operating as designed, but to bring it in to the dealership and have "overlays" installed. If it's operating as design, why would they need to install anything else?

Starting the Lemon Law process, and will now move to sending all documentation to the local newspaper as they have a column called "What's your problem?".

Let's see where it goes from here.
Best of luck! I hope something comes of all this trouble. Heck, they should throw in an Evoque for your wife and replace your LR4!!! :)

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR can't even get their story straight now. I have the JLRNA rep saying that per the Engineers the blue cameras are as designed, but bring it to the dealership to get "overlays" put in, and the Service manager email me after on the same day that it is not working as designed and to bring the vehicle in for service. You would think with all the times I have communicated to both JLRNA and the dealership via email (with pictures and video) / phone, that they would at least talk to each other before contacting me. For reference I send both parties the same pictures and video links with the same description and they tell me different things. They are also saying the difference is hues "may be" normal.

Last edited:

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear Brian Ramirez,

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the outcome of your case. Your comments have been added to case 7947880 for documentation. We will be happy to provide you with a letter advising that your vehicle is operating as designed, however we cannot supply you with the other documents you are requesting as these are only for internal use.

If you choose to contact the Better Business Bureau you can certainly consult with them on what other steps you may be able to take. Siobhan will draft a letter for you as soon as possible.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The above communication was from JLRNA and was in response to my below email.

-Edited to remove my VIN-

To whom it may concern,

I just received a call from Siobhan (201.818.8123) at JLRNA and was informed that the cameras were operating as designed. I am again requesting documentation on Official JLRNA Letterhead stating that this is normal, and any reports by the Engineering Department to validate that camera images resulting in blue screens is operating as intended. I am also requesting the communications between the dealership and the engineering staff or technical advisors and any other documentation relating to this case, and the 2013 Land Rover LR4 with Vehicle Identification Number SALAK2D47DAxxxxxx. If you decline from providing the documentation, I am requesting that you provide correspondence on Official Letterhead why the requested documentation will not be provided. I will also be sending official correspondence to JLRNA in regards to this case.

The last set of pictures sent to both the Dealership and to JLRNA are of the vehicle completely warmed up and at a stand still as evidenced by the previously attached pictures and also as attached to this email. Per Siobhan's suggestion, I will be contacting the BBB. Please add this email to the referenced case (Case # 7947880). Again the date is in the Day/Month/Year format, and the time is listed in the 24 hour time format. At this time, the vehicle has already been in for service seven (7) recorded times for concerns / issues regarding the vision assist cameras and the issue has not been resolved. I have also visited the dealership on several other occasions (without appointment) to express my concerns of the vision assist package malfunctioning. If as Siobhan implied (per the engineers) that the cameras are functioning as designed, then why was it suggested to me that I bring the vehicle back in for service yet again to get "overlays" put in the wiring.

The vehicle was special ordered in December 2012 and I took delivery in February 2013. I have been having issues since March 2013 with the Vision Assist package including, but not limited to flickering images, pink images, and blue screens. At this time I feel that the issues I have been having have not been resolved.

Please respond at your earliest convenience to confirm that this email has been received and added to the referenced case.

Last edited:

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If, in the end, they do what I think they will (assisted buy back) vs lemoning, do us all a favor and post the VIN here so that others searching for used LR4's can make sure they are not getting your truck, or at least are aware of the issues beforehand. BMW and MB do this a fair amount as they then do not have to disclose or officially "lemon" the vehicle and the next owner just buys it like it was traded in...as yours just has camera issues, this can be an big issue if the vehicle has other electrical or mechanical faults that are unresolved.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo