lr4 fan 1 problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey, I've had a problem with my 2011 lr4.The fans works but the car puts itself in Limp mode.I connected my ob2 and got Fan 1 control circuit high P0692.I dont want to spend thousands and send it to the dealer. Honestly any help would be very appreciated

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect. Find the electrical connector attached to the fan. Trace that connector's wires to make sure that none of the wires are grounding out. Additionally, pull the connector and inspect the pins on the connector and fan harness for corrosion. If all of that checks out. You may just need to replace the fan. ~$400 for the fan on FCPEURO and you can rent the fan wrench and holder from auto zone. I believe that it is a Ford kit with a 33mm wrench. I hope that helps and good luck!

Reaction score
Hey, i just came back from work and in an bad mood i checked the car and saw that there isn't enough antifreeze could it be that?

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if that would cause the code, but LRs are finicky. Go ahead and fill it, but also make sure that you bleed the system.

Reaction score
hey, also even though the. car lights up the limp mode it doesn't really activates it
.The car still drove perfectly.BTW i had the throttle body changed and the mechanic who changed it told me that some Anti-freezer had spilled but he had topped it off.He Maybe didn't change it properly?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM