LR4 Halogen Bulb Upgrading - Highly Recommended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndegoede

Reaction score
Hey everyone...really some good info in these threads. Im new the Land Rover scene with only a couple months under my belt with a 2010 LR4. I recently swapped out the OEM bulbs with some Putco mirror white halogen upgrades and they look decent but was lookignt o go one step further.

Has anyone tried to put in LED bulbs for your h7 and h11? I have had luck with Lumen plasma and LED bulbs for my 2011 Avalanche. In my LR4 the h7 fits great and looks awesome but the h11 is too small for the LED bulb to fit through.

Do I have any options to use the LEDs or Plasmas??

Thanks

ndegoede

Reaction score
I don't think you can use LEDs for the low beams (H11). You could get an HID aftermarket upgrade and that will drastically improve visibility. Many of us have used the DDM kit with great luck. I'd recommend the slim ballast, 35W, and perhaps 3-5,000K.

I have stock HIDs on my 2013, but my 2011 had the halogens and the HID upgrade was great. Just be aware these are technically not legal, though no one will bother you if you go similar to OEM. Don't go too crazy getting really blue.

I hope that helps.

-David
Thanks David

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone...really some good info in these threads. Im new the Land Rover scene with only a couple months under my belt with a 2010 LR4. I recently swapped out the OEM bulbs with some Putco mirror white halogen upgrades and they look decent but was lookignt o go one step further.

Has anyone tried to put in LED bulbs for your h7 and h11? I have had luck with Lumen plasma and LED bulbs for my 2011 Avalanche. In my LR4 the h7 fits great and looks awesome but the h11 is too small for the LED bulb to fit through.

Do I have any options to use the LEDs or Plasmas??

Thanks

I'd go with the DDM tuning HID kit. Easy to install, and crazy improvement on color and light output. I have the 35w 6000k kit. The lights are bright white with a hint of blue. I'd imagine 5000k would be a pure white light, if that's what you are looking for.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the DDM tuning HID kit. Easy to install, and crazy improvement on color and light output. I have the 35w 6000k kit. The lights are bright white with a hint of blue. I'd imagine 5000k would be a pure white light, if that's what you are looking for.
For an even more profound effect, you can do your fogs - Bushaway converted his fog lights and they look awesome! :)

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my fogs today. It was 70 out :cool:

plus she even gotta a vacuum

Plus …plus……I drove the 135 to work. :proud:

……. first time driving the little beast in almost 2 years :biggrin:

It's good to be home !

:tongue:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 44

94speedster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE

Both CV H11 "low beams" just went out again at 58K miles (27k miles for life of bulb & 11 months). H7 "high beams" are still going strong based on initial install at 1K miles...

Great bulbs!

-B

UPDATE 2... Both CV H11 "low beams" went out again at 88K miles (30K miles for life of bulb, and 11.5 months). Still on the original "high beam" upgraded Philips H7s - and that's 88K miles! Nice...

I did notice that the price on Amazon for the CV H11s has gone up to $31.52. I did not have them in stock, so wife had to run the old "yellow" bulbs until Amazon Prime delivered - and she again noted that there is a BIG difference between the bulbs!

-B

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon now has the Phillips Diamond Vision 5000K H-11 Bulbs for about 48 bucks. These are about as close to HID as you can get. I installed them in my 2013 LR4 fogs and really like them. They do a great job of lighting up the edges of the roadway and the color matches the HID headlights. So much better than the old OEM bulbs. The high beams on the vehicle are H7 halogens (Go figure, they put HID's in the main beams and then halogens in the high beams) so next move is to replace the H7's with the Diamond Vision 5000K ulbs as well.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, they are fill-in halogen high beams, your HID "bi-xenons" low beams also change their light pattern to act as your main high beam when you switch from dipped to high (a shutter in front of the HID bulb lifts up accordingly, and back down when you go back to low beams.) The auxiliary halogen high beams are there mostly for daytime flash-to-pass situations, so the HID bulbs don't need to fire up.

Last edited:

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Umbertob. I used to hear the shutter relay in my Range Rover Evoque but I hear nothing in the LR4 so I thought maybe the high beam was alone in its singular use. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM