LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had not seen it, thanks for posting!

You just cannot toughen up a vehicle simply by putting tires and gear on it. It looks like a Ford Explorer/Jeep Cherokee hybrid in that photo.

Hopefully we get a reasonable compromise between what we want and what LR feels will sell the most units....

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Todd. Nothing new to see there... except that some magazines say the model will be released sooner - this year as a MY2017 - and others, including Motor Authority, say later, next year as a MY2018. We still don't know for sure if there will be a 2017 LR4 or not.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I care how light it becomes - just not getting the use of a 4 cylinder...
Really like the XC90 but the engine just killed it for me. Did not like the way it drove or sounded.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the 4-cylinder engine will make it to North America, it is probably for ROW markets where fuel costs an arm and a leg. I would expect the SCV6 will be the one and only gasoline power plant offered, hopefully along with a TD6 oil burner like the new Sport and Range Rover, which are based on the same aluminum platform and will most likely be the only models still offering a SCV8 fuel engine in the future.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Latest news is that Jaguar Land Rover is switching all its cars to "scaleable" Ingenium engines (designed in-house) for 2017 and the aging SCV6 of the current LR4, Sport and Range Rover - which was really the old 5-liter V8 with 2 cylinders chopped off and a Supercharger bolted on top to make up for them - will be discontinued.

A 3-liter inline 6-cylinder available in both petrol and diesel versions and a variety of power configurations, including a couple of incredibly powerful beasts if these reports are accurate, will go into virtually every model, except the Disco Sport and Evoque which get the scaled down, 4-cylinder version of that inline 6. With a Turbodiesel I6 allegedly making 400 hp and a twin turbo petrol I6 making 500, I wonder if they will even bother offering SCV8s anymore.

Source: http://www.motoring.com.au/jaguar-l...aight-six-petrol-and-diesels-for-2017-102099/

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM