Major overheating problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93,000 miles.

Sorry, not "Bank" of the engine, "Back" of the engine. Right above the transmission next to the pipe that flows to the exhaust.

Sorry, can't get any better pics tonight. To dark outside.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good grief thats a lots of corrosion.

It actually looks like wiring loom of sorts, and all that corrosion around may be result of wires shortening (eek).

But then i dont have GEMs engine..

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Rich we have the same Truck 1998 V8i ..I will look tom in the morning. That looks sorta milky shakey there. But I hate to say for sure.
I second freeze plug ..Just went and looked on the Disco.
Freeze plugs can often be a source of troublesome leaks as a result of internal cooling system corrosion.

Last edited:

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would freeze plugs be a slow leak or make coolant "Gush" out -

I'm talking about a LOT of coolant flowing out. Thanks for the input everyone! I'll get more pics tommorow and I'm having my machanic friend look at it see what he says.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Freeze plugs could GUSH, if they get worse.....they will empty a cooling system quickly. They are easy to install (depending on location) and they are known to leak slowly for a loooong time, causing lots of corrosion, then they let go...check it out!

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Machanic said it was a busted Intake Valve Gasket - Leaking down and falling out the back of the engine (Noting why a lot of coolant fell out when I jacked car up)

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds unusual....water-jacket leak on intake side, should have also caused an injection problem?,(very rough running) also, water in oil....is your oil like chocolate milk? I am probably very incorrect...Sergei? Andy? Melissa? Mike?

B

BlueFree

Rich, Im having the same problem right now. 2002 Freelander SE. I just got a pressure test and they found nothing. No leaks no nothing. It is running fine now. Just spent $600 on tires myself. I am at the point now of thinking about trading it in. As much as I hate to do it, it may happen. I fill up about every 3 days. Fun, Fun. Does anyone know why this is happening?????

Kestreljr

Reaction score
That sounds unusual....water-jacket leak on intake side, should have also caused an injection problem?,(very rough running) also, water in oil....is your oil like chocolate milk? I am probably very incorrect...Sergei? Andy? Melissa? Mike?

I think this might be my problem... getting the rover towed in today. Can any one add to what these symptoms might mean? (I am a little nervous about the answer)

Over heating (I don't let it run hot- it just starts to overheat)
Coolant flushing out (all over the place)
Chocolate oil

Any opinions?
:albertein

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM