Major overheating problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
blown head gasket

Cracked head or head gasket. Exterior cracked head can cause anti freeze or water to leak out of your engine or into your oil or both. loss of anti freeze out and in. That would explain the overheating. One for the lack of water two because your oil is gunking up. When anti freeze and oil mix it is a chocolate gew. How is your oil level. If it is leaking into your oil it will rise on the dipstick.

Kestreljr

Reaction score
Go to the pharmacy, ask for "sodium Hydroxate", It's liquid glass....make sure your leak isn't from the obvious places....hoses, radiator, w-pump, and poor 2 ozs of this stuff into your radiator while it is warm and running. Close the system and let it work. This stuff will seal any head-gasket leaks, or for that matter, any cracks in the block or heads! When the S.Hydroxate reaches the crack or gasket part that is missing, it turns into a glass-like substance that will seal on contact with the out-side air. The liquid is harmless when circulating in your motor. This is the most inexpensive, and quick way to repair a leak as you have discribed...I have performed this repair on badly cracked heads with great permanent sucess...best of sucess to YOU! let us know if you are willing to try it?....(no procedure is herein recommended by this site, nor is it guaranteed to solve your heating problem..this site is held harmless for any liability arising from the out-come of any procedure or "fix" discribed).....ask around before doing this...you will find that old mechanics have used this method for years.

OK- Should I try this Joey!! The shop says they have never heard of this solution before. I am not going to create some kind of bomb with this stuff a **** myself, am I?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM