my new disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mikelambert1987

So yeah I've had my 2003 discovery 2 for maybe 3 weeks now. we got some bad snow and With the oem 18 inch tires it sucked bad. So first priority was new tires. I got grabber at2's which have definitly improved traction. I am wondering what you guys suggest i do in order to start making it more offroad capable. I was wondering what u guys suggest i start off with.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First advise is recovery gear always first on any list, after that.... never go alone and I don't mean a few people in one vehicle, always have at least 2 vehicles.

Tires
Then anything else you may want... winch, bumpers, protection (i.e. diff guards) lockers

The only thing I did for off road use is recovery gear, tires and front bumper, after that is learning to drive, this takes time and should never be put ahead of any gear.

Mudquest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I quickly traded my 18's for a nice set of 16's and laced on some decent AT tires.... world of difference. It's nearly impossible to find a true set of AT tires for those 18's.

Next - Recovery points / gear. I'm with Joey on that one completely. After that - well, the sky (or checkbook) is the limit. Good tires, a modest 2" lift, and some experience will take you nearly everywhere you'd hate to be stuck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635