My New (OLD) LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hum...I am at 89K on my 05 and I have only had to replace the rear wiper motor. But just today I noticed my sunroof will not open. I haven't had time to check to see if it is the motor or the switch, but I know one thing. A dealer has NEVER touched mine. Not since day one. So does anyone think that the dealers could be the culprit? And as some of you have seen by my pictures, I haven't been easy on her either. So I have either been blessed with a great machine or the dealers ensure that it will return so they can fill their greedy pockets.

I doubt this, although it may be an issue in some cases. My 06 with 67k has only been dealer serviced, and the only major component issues were the sunroof rails and an issue with the MAF sensor (multiple times so far.) I haven't had any issues with hatches, etc up to this point.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that if you own an LR3 long enough, you'll eventually replace every part on the vehicle. I'm taking a stab at that theory right now. In the past month, i've had the following done (all under warranty except tires):

1) New Tires
2) New tie-rod arms
3) New Windshield (rock got me on Saturday)
4) New driver and passenger door panels (their fix for the speaker rattle)
5) New back hatch latch assembly
6) New steering wheel (common problem in 05s)
7) New drivers side mirror
8) New spare tire assembly
9) New Compressor (actually, that was two months ago).

Not ********, just think it's funny. The drivers compartment seems fairly new again thanks to the winshield, door panel, steering wheel replacement. It even drives better with the new tires.

I just thought I'd update this. In the seven months since I posted this, the following has been added/replaced:
1) Another new windsheild. They had to replace the other one because of a bad install (leaking).
2) New starter to replace the misfiring old one.
3) New brakes and brake control module to address the brake lock up issue.
4) New fuel tank.

Knock on wood, I haven't been back to the dealership since July 7th. 4 months might be a record for me. :help:

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe you've had that many things replaced on a truck with only 45k. Were the first year 05's just built poorly?

I can't believe I'm getting ready to buy an 07 HSE, I should have learned my lesson after hanging out on this board and especially after my last Disco...my wife is going to hate me.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Egrizzle if it makes you feel any warmer, the following is a list of things I've had done to my '05 (january build) in the last 3 years.

Brakes
Gas
Oil changes

And yes I know posting this is tempting fate :)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe you've had that many things replaced on a truck with only 45k. Were the first year 05's just built poorly?

I can't believe I'm getting ready to buy an 07 HSE, I should have learned my lesson after hanging out on this board and especially after my last Disco...my wife is going to hate me.

Nah, you'll love it. Nothing like the Discovery.

You know, I looked at the above list and it seemed long to me as well. I have an '05 with 100K on it. I had an extended warranty that just expired. Anyway, I looked at the list and realized that other than winshield and mirrors I've had most of that replaced as well, but it was all under warranty and all dealer discovered, for the most part. Other than the rear latch assembly, this was all "hey, your thingy majiggy is worn and we're going to replace it under warranty for you." Not big issues and once all the kinks are out, it has been pretty solid. 'cept for that sunroof leak I just had fixed. Maybe we all have blinders on. :)

Anyway, you'll love the '07. Haggle for a good extended warranty to reduce the stress of ownership for the first 100K.

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, you'll love it. Nothing like the Discovery.

You know, I looked at the above list and it seemed long to me as well. I have an '05 with 100K on it. I had an extended warranty that just expired. Anyway, I looked at the list and realized that other than winshield and mirrors I've had most of that replaced as well, but it was all under warranty and all dealer discovered, for the most part. Other than the rear latch assembly, this was all "hey, your thingy majiggy is worn and we're going to replace it under warranty for you." Not big issues and once all the kinks are out, it has been pretty solid. 'cept for that sunroof leak I just had fixed. Maybe we all have blinders on. :)

Anyway, you'll love the '07. Haggle for a good extended warranty to reduce the stress of ownership for the first 100K.

Thanks. I've got a quote for the Ford ESP Premium to add another 3 years and take it to 100k for $3700 with a $100 deductible. I suppose that is the route I'll go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM