New LR4 with HD Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerbo

Reaction score
I just talked to my dealership... there are 4 left in the country. .... 4!

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there are just over 100 LR4's in total (cars.com shows 108 at the moment), so there you go, roughly 1 in 25 are HD.....

It still is not clear if any more will be sent over. I have not seen any "last Discovery 4 off the assembly line" article nor a "first all-new Discovery off the assembly line" article, so who knows where they are with this changeover.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there are just over 100 LR4's in total (cars.com shows 108 at the moment), so there you go, roughly 1 in 25 are HD.....

Another way to look at it is that the HD ones sell better, leaving the non-HD's on the lot.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR should build a 'select' final run of loaded LR4's, to include 2-speed xfer case and HD axle. Mark them up.

DaJammer

Reaction score
I wonder what the actual production mix was in 2016 of vehicles with HD vs non-HD?

All I know when I was looking last May, it took my dealer a month to locate one for me and trade for it. And honestly, color was a secondary factor. Primary factor being that it had to have the HD package.

For the way I use this vehicle, getting one without would have been a non-starter.

Jerbo

Reaction score
I wonder what the actual production mix was in 2016 of vehicles with HD vs non-HD?

All I know when I was looking last May, it took my dealer a month to locate one for me and trade for it. And honestly, color was a secondary factor. Primary factor being that it had to have the HD package.

For the way I use this vehicle, getting one without would have been a non-starter.

I am looking at an Aruba colored vehicle, not a bad color, however would not be my first choice. HD package isn't required for me in the cars current capacity, however I do see me building out the vehicle in 3-5 years to be more trail dedicated. Need to wait and see what the dealer comes back with regarding price.

LLLR4

Reaction score
Another way to look at it is that the HD ones sell better, leaving the non-HD's on the lot.
Not sure about this statement. If HD sells better, LR would have made all their LR4 equipped with HD packages. It is not that much more expensive. There are fewer HD left because they made much fewer of them. Only a small number of owners really care about the low range and locking rear diff and most of them are on this forum already. The rest of the owners just wanted the name badge, comfort of ride, the look, and being viewed as an off road adventurer. And I've seen more Moms driving an LR4 than Dads.

My wife drives our LR4 landmark with single speed. No problem with snow and gravel and easy off road trails. I wanted go off road more, so got a 2016 Tacoma TRD Off road. I had much less stress when I drove the Tacoma on a muddy trail than wheeling the $65k LR4. Much cheaper to repair.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about this statement. If HD sells better, LR would have made all their LR4 equipped with HD packages. It is not that much more expensive. There are fewer HD left because they made much fewer of them. Only a small number of owners really care about the low range and locking rear diff and most of them are on this forum already. The rest of the owners just wanted the name badge, comfort of ride, the look, and being viewed as an off road adventurer. And I've seen more Moms driving an LR4 than Dads.

My wife drives our LR4 landmark with single speed. No problem with snow and gravel and easy off road trails. I wanted go off road more, so got a 2016 Tacoma TRD Off road. I had much less stress when I drove the Tacoma on a muddy trail than wheeling the $65k LR4. Much cheaper to repair.

The people who are buying the LR4 right now when the Discovery 5 is just around the corner are probably a lot of the same people who care about the HD package.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72