New to LR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Greetings all..

Like Brbank1, I am new to the LR community. Im in the works in purchasing a 2005 HSE with 60,000km (37,200miles). Been doing alot of research via the web from reviews on the car and extended warrantys. Im really glad Ive stumbled into this site. Lot's of experience and wisdom here.
Why a 2005 you say? Because that's all I can afford right now. Ive bought a Pathfinder in 1997 and it has been with me since. Some of you may snicker but hey, I am happy with it and it has been very good to me. But I think it's time that I get a bit more style and comfort so when I looked for an SUV.. the only thing that would fit my style is the rugged yet stylish look of the LR3 (and all the other features appealed to me as well).
So I will welcome any thoughts you may have on my decision. Your wisdom, experience and yes, even your 2 cents would be greatly appreciated.
Mind you, Ive spent about 1.5 hours reading the forum and have learned alot already...
Oh..fyi, this model was a loaner for 2 years with LR and I was told that everything that needin fixin was fixed. I guess they would have to if it was a loaner..

Thanks

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HSE is sweet. No major differences between 2005 and 2006, so no worries there. Ask about the battery age. Check the brakes, check carefully the tires, ask for replacement tires to anything but the Goodyear Wrangler HP's. if they won't change, plan on budgeting for that soon. Ask about TSB service related to sunroof drain tubes, gas tanks, transmission lurch, and air suspension/compressor upgrades. Check to make sure the stereo CD player will injest and then properly eject the CD's. Have a full alignment done prior to your taking delivery.

That's it. Look for those things to have been done, and then you are good to go. Consider the extended warranty though (if available). I generally recommend buying a Certified Pre Owned Lr3 with the warranty. Piece of mind is good to have.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome advice nwoods..thanks for taking the time. A friend of my runs a garage and he told me about the TSBs as well. I threw that at the salesman and he assured me that any TSBs that came out would have been addressed on this vehicle because it was a loaner. Had to give the customer a dependable car. Ive asked for ALL the service records so that I can compare it to the TSBs.. we'll see how that unfolds.
God bless the internet.. otherwise, I wouldnt have been able to get such good advice.
Keep'em coming folks!

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nathan that is the best answer I have heard so far on what to look for on an LR3 they should put that in bold and in a sticky auto emailed to all new members.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drzjoint..

Im going to take partial credit for nwoods awesome answer.. if I didnt ask it.. it wouldnt have been post :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo