New to LR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stated my opinion so simplistically because I think that the LR3's offroad capability is the differentiator. There are a lot of great SUVs out there. The thing that makes the LR3 different is the go-anywhere ability. The X5 is sportier, a Lexus is more reliable and probably more lux. An Escalade offers more bling, etc etc. What is the ONE thing that the LR3 has over any other somewhat-luxurious SUV??? Offroad capability. Also this is a high-maintenance rig; why go through the trouble if you are not going to take advantage of its key characteristic?

That's why I see it so simple.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Lr3 also has a better 2nd and 3rd row seating with the flip n fold seating arrangements
The visibility is supperior, I can't find a blind spot. I had to selll my wife on the vehicle and she could care less about the off road ability all. sHE THOUGHT IT WAS UGLY, I had to strap her in the car to even go look at them. when we were done it is all she wanted. The LR3 is more than just an off road vehicle, it is about the most virsital SUV on the market and dose everything quite well. The adjustable height suspension is awsom for gettin the kids buckled in. 20mpg on the hwy, amazing safty features.
It is a vehicle you can get and your wife loves it around town with the kids n crap and you can take it wherever the hell you want on the weekends. If you just want a vehicle for going off road as awsome as the LR3 is at that I would get a D2 or D90 and trick it out. Dont get me wrong I love to wheel my LR3 And I am proud I have the balls to wheel a $60k rig. But hell Id wheel A NEW Gwagon AMG.

Streeker17

Reaction score
2006 Lr3

I just purchased a Used LR3. It has 59000 kms, not sure what that is in miles. It is fully loaded and was less than half of the cost of a New LR3. I love this SUV. If I were you I would let someone else take the hit and enjoy the same ride for alot less.

Good luck

Streeker17

Reaction score
You are right, I research all the Lux SUV's and the LR3 has the best 3rd row seating in the class.

Craz

Reaction score
New LR3

I'm new to the forum but Not to the LR3. First LR3 was a 2006 SE (6 cylinder)
good truck - kind of a dog with the V6 - really like all other aspects. I did have
a re-occurring problem with the rear alignment though. Was constantly going in
for realign and tires. My wife loved the LR3 and it was great on the beach.
Had the '06 out on Lease turn it back in (got banged for $1800 over miles)
and bought a new 2008 HSE V8. Much better with the V8. I'm now searching
around for a after market DVD and monitor any suggestions ??

Streeker17

Reaction score
I am also looking for a DVD system. The rear head rests seem to be a problem. Has anyone installed headrest monitors? If you stay with existing head rest the viewing area is very small. Should one just get rid of factory head rests and install ones that are large enough to cover head rest support holes?

ronLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point, the resale is awful on Land Rovers, like all big heavy vehicles. . .but worse. That being the case, you can get fantastic bargins everywhere on LRs. If I did it now, I would not buy mine new again. Rather, I would buy slightly used with extremely low miles. Basically a year old with sub 10K miles would be my target.

Being a such a unique vehicle and not many produced like lets say a chevy tahoe, why is resale value terrible on Land Rover?

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're in for the full $1, RonLR3, so don't worry about the dimes at this point.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo