Newb suspension questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well plain and simple this thing rides like a freakin' brick. I hadnt planned on replacing/lifting the suspension on this thing for a long time,but now I am wondering if maybe by lifting it a 'lil it will soften it up a bit. Now obviously the ride depends on which shocks I use, but I guess my question is, are there any aftermarket shocks,or lift kits for that matter, that will soften the ride up?...or should I just stop being a whinny baby and enjoy my truck that rides like a truck. Thanks y'all

GO STEELERS BABY!!!!!

99 D2 43k

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(1) You own a truck, and it's never going to be "soft" or handle like a car;

(2) That said, there are shocks and springs with softer specs than the stock springs and woodheads. I am not looking for those particular ride characteristics, but maybe someone else can help ya...

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess what I am thinking is that if I can get a slight lift and at the same time soften the ride just a bit then I 'd like to do it.

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rovers North has a nice comparsion chart in their catalog for helping you choose the right springs/shocks for your needs...Thank You, LRW.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's also a nice write up with lots of information at EE.

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right after i asked what it is was i found it
thanks joey

chris

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member