NW Challenge Trip Report!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced both of mine with the "new" style factory bolt. The bolt is different so I am going to give it a chance before I change it to a 12.9. According to the factory service data it can be reused 5 times and to check for punch marks on the head as an indicator of the # of uses...

Ryan:

You have the part number handy?

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a picture of the water crossing!!! I don't disagree that I hit the water too hard and fast, This was a timed event and in the heat of the moment I didn't realize just how fast I was going!! No harm to the rig though!!

DSC_5915.sized.jpg

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that it actually looks like a wave....I guess the LR3 doubles as a wave machine!!

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone clever with photo-chop could put a little surfer up there!

J.D.

borinken

Reaction score
Wow! you're brave, no sealed snorkle...
Check the bottom of the air box... Last time I did this, I found the one-way valve in the air box full of mud! Great design.
(I now do have a sealed snorkle..) :)

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was the deepest water I have had it in! To be honest I declined a second trip through. A RRC got a flooded air filter and stalled, fortunately they made it most of the way through...Some day I hope to have a RAI but it really won't do anything for me as the rest of the electronics are still vulnerable...

Sirio

Reaction score
Just installed... :whistle:

Also available for LR4 and Range Rover Sport

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo