Oil Change Notification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hatmandew

Reaction score
Guys, I have a 2006 RRSS and I am curious if the computer alerts me when I am supposed to get an oil change. I have a horrible memory and would suck to drive around with a little sticker in the window. Anyone know the answer to this question?

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done it before, but for my 04 RR-HSE and this is what I did to reset it. Try it out and follow these steps. It might be the same steps for the RR-SS.

1- With the Ign.being off, press down the LH (trip) odometer button and hold it, and turn the ignition key to the first position.
2- Continue to hold press down the LH (trip) odometer button for apprx 5 seconds until one of the following words appears in the display: "Oil Service", or "Inspection" with "reset".
3- Release button and press again until reset SIA begins to flash.
4- While the display is flashing, press the left button briefly to reset the sevice interval.
5- After the display has shown the new interval, the following will appear: "END SIA".

Try it out. If you do it correctly, your mileage for your trip odometer will start counting down backwards from a set interval of miles, and thats how your computer will make you aware when the next oil change is do. Hope it helps out. :bandit:

Last edited:

AwlBidnz

Reaction score
My 2004 RR-HSE told me on the odometer how many miles before I needed service when I first started the engine & my service dudes would reset it when needed. My 2011 tells me on the message center.

LandRvrTech

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's not possible to reset the service indicator on an '06 Sport through the instrument cluster; your technician needs to reset it via SDD. You can reset '08-'09 Sports through the cluster, '02-'05 full size Range Rovers through the cluster, and all LR2's through the cluster.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM